Hello Again!

AdamP

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adamperin.com
Hi Everyone!

I've been off the site so long I'm basically new again! I was on several years ago when I was writing short stories, then I decided to write a novel and the real world got in the way for while.

Anyway...I was a Writers of the Future winner in 2010 for my short story "Medic!" After that, I had a few more short stories published (all sci-fi), then decided I'd go all in with a novel. I've been working on it off and on for the last 2.5 years, but had a one year hiatus while I was in Afghanistan. I also pretty much fell off the face of the earth, social-media wise, while I was trying to finish it. I finally finished last Fall, and after a bunch of rejected queries, got representation just this week! So we'll see where this goes, its all new to me. But I'm very excited and eager to dig back into the online communities! Greetings to all!

Adam

The Urban Spaceman

Existential quandary
Registered
Reaction score
Website
theurbanspaceman.net
Hello, and welcome (back)! Great news about your novel, I hope it flies off the shelves on sparkly fairy wings of success.

Phantasmagoria

Registered
Reaction score
Hi AdamP! Welcome back! I too used to be on here and just returned. For me, I couldn't remember my old account details at all, but the admins are serious about the one-account-per-user thing and one of them is looking to see if they can find my old stuff and merge my accounts. You might want to let them know about your old account too and speak to them about merging, or deleting one? I don't know, just a thought! :)

Congrats with the representation!! That's fantastic. I hope to be there myself someday soon lol. What's the novel about?

TomFoskett

Get your commas here!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tomfoskett.com
Congratulations on getting representation! It sounds like you've had a pretty hectic few years -- here's hoping it all pays off for you.

And of course, welcome back to the forum!

Anna Iguana

reading all the things
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations and hello, AdamP!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back