Normal for Russian brother and sister to french kiss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

randywrite

MySky
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm trying to understand something. I've been dating a girl online for 12 months now, she is from Russia, but also has family in Ukraine.
She is 30 and she has a brother who is 31. Ok...... today I stumbled upon some photos on a social media site. I was not looking for photos but nonetheless, I found some. The photos are very disturbing to me. Because the photos are of her and her "brother" in a wedding ceremony.

One photo shocked me completely. It was a photo of them standing and they were French kissing like passionate lovers do. Wow!!!! So, I want to know if it is normal or a custom of Russian brothers and sisters to French kiss like lovers???

Bear in mind, I have supported her financially for the last 12 months. We have a saying, "We share our love, and we share our money". I gave approximately $500 a month, $6000 dollars for the year. After seeing the photos, I wonder if I'm being scammed by her, that he was not her brother, but rather her husband. It's a mind fuck (pardon my language).

If it is customary for Russian brothers and sisters to French kiss, ok, but if it is not, I think I've just been savagely deceived.
Can any Russian person here tell me if it is normal for brother and sister to French kiss.

I will try to put the photo here: (looks like a wedding, and a passionate kiss - not brother and sister)

Last edited by a moderator:

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's a wedding dress. That's not her brother.

Yes, you are being scammed.

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Seriously? I don't know if they're french kissing exactly, but that's their wedding. See the photo with him carrying her out as people throw rose petals? I mean... I'm sorry but regardless of whether that's supposed to be her brother, who did she say she was marrying there, in her wedding dress with her bouquet?

Sheryl Nantus

Holding out for a Superhero...
Registered
Reaction score
Brownsville, Pennsylvania. Or New Babbage, Second
Website
www.sherylnantus.com
Uh... yeah.

Sorry, but you're being scammed. There's no way this isn't a wedding ceremony and those aren't husband and wife.

If you can, report it to the authorities as far as mail fraud or some sort of other crime - you don't know how many other men she's got on the hook sending her money.

Again, sorry.

:(

randywrite

MySky
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't confront her yet. So she didn't say. Wow! She has pretended to be a loving faithful girlfriend. So, of course she has caught me off guard.
Wow very sad the lengths people will go to for money. Are either of you Russian or of Russian heritage??? Wow, oh well. One thing I did right in the relationship: I saw it as it is: a fantasy online romance where I gave her money and she gave me "romance"... I'm kind of glad this has happened, I was ready to leave her..but I am sad that she deceived me for so long, and I just now find out the truth.

randywrite

MySky
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your kindness and feedback...yes, I will report her to the authorities. I see her tonight at 12:30am. Then I'll say my goodbyes. We always meet by Skype ... i'm in USA

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't understand the need to make your goodbyes, to be honest. She's a con artist who found herself a good mark. Confronting her will only alert her that she needs to elude the authorities. Instead, I urge you to simply sever all ties in silence, blocking her email, Skype, etc., ignoring any contact that gets through (mutual friends?), and returning any paper mail unopened.

Hell, if it were me, I'd be livid. I'd buy a rubber stamp that read "DECEASED" and return mail with that. She'll never see the cops coming...

Maryn, sorry you were taken this way

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
While I'm sorry about your situation and have no sympathy for the con artist who scammed you, I question the propriety of taking photos from someone else's social media account and reposting them on a public forum, without that person's knowledge or consent.

randywrite

MySky
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
While I'm sorry about your situation and have no sympathy for the con artist who scammed you, I question the propriety of taking photos from someone else's social media account and reposting them on a public forum, without that person's knowledge or consent.

Yeh, sorry, nice try, but that's a load of steaming bullshit. I rip some photos as evidence, and I'm the bad guy???? Naw dawg...not even close to right

Jason

Ideas bounce around in my head
Registered
Reaction score
I don't mean to pile on here, and it sounds like you've come to your senses, but:

1. In this day and age, where anyone wants you to send them money - red flags should immediately go off in your head. (We all should know about the farce that is the Nigerian Prince by now, right?) What were you thinking when they asked for money in the first place? Were you just too naive and in love?

2. I understand that love can make you do silly things, especially at a young age. But, you should be in at least your late 20's if not already in your 30's (since s/he is in their 30's), and should have known better to begin with. So, again, what were you thinking?

3. Finally, there's an old adage that goes something like this: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." You sent this person $500 a month for a year? While the devious person who preys on people like this is just sick and karma will come back on them eventually, it's hard for me to have any sense of sympathy for your situation here. Seriously dude, what were you thinking?

randywrite

MySky
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't understand the need to make your goodbyes, to be honest. She's a con artist who found herself a good mark. Confronting her will only alert her that she needs to elude the authorities. Instead, I urge you to simply sever all ties in silence, blocking her email, Skype, etc., ignoring any contact that gets through (mutual friends?), and returning any paper mail unopened.

Hell, if it were me, I'd be livid. I'd buy a rubber stamp that read "DECEASED" and return mail with that. She'll never see the cops coming...

Maryn, sorry you were taken this way

Thanks Maryn. Well if I ever speak with her again, I'm going to tell her if she really wants to get rich, she should move to Hollywood California immediately and become an actress - she's better than Meryl Streep. It's scary how good an actress she is. She could make a fortune and win many Oscars for her acting skills. Really amazing.

randywrite

MySky
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't mean to pile on here, and it sounds like you've come to your senses, but:

1. In this day and age, where anyone wants you to send them money - red flags should immediately go off in your head. (We all should know about the farce that is the Nigerian Prince by now, right?) What were you thinking when they asked for money in the first place? Were you just too naive and in love?

2. I understand that love can make you do silly things, especially at a young age. But, you should be in at least your late 20's if not already in your 30's (since s/he is in their 30's), and should have known better to begin with. So, again, what were you thinking?

3. Finally, there's an old adage that goes something like this: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." You sent this person $500 a month for a year? While the devious person who preys on people like this is just sick and karma will come back on them eventually, it's hard for me to have any sense of sympathy for your situation here. Seriously dude, what were you thinking?

Thanks for your post. Please bear in mind some details I left out (not on purpose). I am a 53 year old man, who is on Disability for Bipolar Disorder. So please try to understand that I make mistakes and I'm human. I wasn't naive at all. I have 3 grown daughters from my first marriage, of 17 years, and a 16 year old son/14 year old daughter, from my second marriage of 10 years. Now bipolar disorder will make you do some crazy things - like fall in love with a 30 year old woman from another country and send her money for a year. Don't get me wrong, I'm well treated for my illness, but what can I say.....I fell in love with someone who acted like she loved me. Anyway, I just ask that people factor those things in before they judge me to harshly for my mistake. So CBJason, what was I thinking? Now you know.
I don't want your sympathy CBJason. I post here to see if an Russian or Ukraine person could tell me if this was a french kissing custom or had I been deceived. We don't know all the customs of every country in the world. So have I answered your question: "Seriously dude, what were you thinking?

She was to come to me here in the United States for vacation, in August, and she was to move here in 2018 to live me with me. So sure a lot of lies and deception, but she was very believable.

I wonder if she kept our affair a secret from her husband...she was always sneaking around when he was home. He worked as factory/plant mechanic so he was gone every two weeks then home two weeks. Once he went to Poland for a month, once to Russia for a month. But when he came home she acted like we had to sneak (really) if we were to be intimate. Anyway she had me so convinced she was in love with me - by her actions - not just her words. I was definitely blinded by her love, but in my spirit I felt ultimately something was off.

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Wait, she said she had a husband? I don't understand. That's her husband -- if you knew she was married I'm confused as to how she misled you?

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
randywrite I'm very sorry for your distress, but this isn't the place for this discussion, and those images are absolutely not ok.

They're hotlinked from a personally identifiable account, and they're much too large.

I've edited your post to unlink them.

If you'd like me to move the thread to Conquering Challenges I will; it won't be indexed by Google there.

Status
Not open for further replies.