السلام عليكم

yazeed

Registered
Reaction score
العربيه هي لغتي الام

Arabic is my first language.
i am betting that no one here speaks Arabic, and there is no chance that there is a native Arabic speaker. if you are, come and say hi (in Arabic).

Richard White

Stealthy Plot Bunny Peddler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcwhite.com
A'hlan wa sa'hlan. Kifik al yom?

I'm a) no native Arabic speaker and b) was barely functional in the language when I was studying full-time, but I did study it back in the 1980s. Unfortuantely, while Arabic is a gorgeous language, I had minimal aptitude at it -- unlike the young people in my class, I was putting in hours and hours of homework to keep my head above water.

I learned MSA as well as Arabic-Syrian dialect. One of my professors was from Jordan (former lawyer/college professor) and the other was a Palestinian who'd spent most of his adult life in California, so while he spoke Arabic fluently, he was definitely a Californian at heart. It made for a very interesting contrast in education.

Welcome to the Water Cooler!

yazeed

Registered
Reaction score
A'hlan wa sa'hlan. Kifik al yom?

I'm a) no native Arabic speaker and b) was barely functional in the language when I was studying full-time, but I did study it back in the 1980s. Unfortuantely, while Arabic is a gorgeous language, I had minimal aptitude at it -- unlike the young people in my class, I was putting in hours and hours of homework to keep my head above water.

I learned MSA as well as Arabic-Syrian dialect. One of my professors was from Jordan (former lawyer/college professor) and the other was a Palestinian who'd spent most of his adult life in California, so while he spoke Arabic fluently, he was definitely a Californian at heart. It made for a very interesting contrast in education.

Welcome to the Water Cooler!

that was pretty good actually!
I know that feeling dude, Arabic is much harder that English, but english has A LOT of bs spelling wise. i mean why do we have to spell it light when we say layt

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
ana uhib al musiqi al arabiya.

Did I get that right? I learned a bit of Arabic, & can sing some songs, like Lama Bada Yata Thanna.

Ahlen!

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
العربيه هي لغتي الام

Arabic is my first language.
i am betting that no one here speaks Arabic, and there is no chance that there is a native Arabic speaker. if you are, come and say hi (in Arabic).

We've got native Arabic speakers,including Egyptian, Saudi, Kuwait and Emirates Arabic speakers, and quite a few who are familiar with Classical Arabic as a written language.

yazeed

Registered
Reaction score
ana uhib al musiqi al arabiya.

Did I get that right? I learned a bit of Arabic, & can sing some songs, like Lama Bada Yata Thanna.

Ahlen!

glad you like our music! although most arabic people say that new arabic music sucks and that the old is better (basically the same thing that every other culture says)

Last edited:

yazeed

Registered
Reaction score
We've got native Arabic speakers,including Egyptian, Saudi, Kuwait and Emirates Arabic speakers, and quite a few who are familiar with Classical Arabic as a written language.

really? i didn't think that a lot of arabic people would be on this site because 1. this is a site about writing, and 2. because it is in english.
but it's really great to know that a lot of arabic people are into books and writing.