Camp NaNoWriMo April '17

Status
Not open for further replies.

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
Over halfway through March and there's no Camp thread?

Anyway, I plan on working through a collection of shorts as a gift for my spouse-face. What're y'all up to, campers?

Also, if you all want to arrange cabins, I will list them here. I'll even set up one, if there's interest.

EnzoC

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if I should do it. I've done very camp nano for the last four years and I've never won haha. I always end up getting stuck during the second week and then I fall behind and feel like there's no way I can catch up.

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
I have the worst track records with camps, so I can't judge. But you can always dial the goal down when you need to. Or start small and feel really accomplished when you demolish it. ;)

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
There's been talk about Camp in the Pitch Wars 2017 thread elsewhere. We've got a cabin with a few members already, so if anyone wants an invite, let me know! We've got 7 spots left.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Love to be in the cabin, Maggie! Don't know what my project will be yet (depends on how much I get finished in the next week or so), but I'm definitely in for Camp this year.

Jerboa

frelled
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ejtett.weebly.com
What's the Camp one? I did NaNoWriMo last year for the first time since 2010 and actually managed to do the 50k, which is amazing for me.

EnzoC

Registered
Reaction score
What's the Camp one? I did NaNoWriMo last year for the first time since 2010 and actually managed to do the 50k, which is amazing for me.

It's basically the same thing except it takes place in April and July. You get put into "cabins" where you can talk with other campers about the stuff that you're writing. And you get to choose your word count goal instead of having it be 50,000 by default.

I have the worst track records with camps, so I can't judge. But you can always dial the goal down when you need to. Or start small and feel really accomplished when you demolish it. ;)
I can't help having grandiose ideas for novels every time haha

Jerboa

frelled
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ejtett.weebly.com
Ah right, that's interesting, thanks! I'll have to think about that, I could do with boosting my word count on my WiP.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Not just changing your word count goal, too. You can also set pages or hours worked if you want to edit or anything besides write. I'm editing and rewriting this year, so I set 30 hours as my goal.

If anyone wants in on the cabin, post or rep me your NaNo username, and be sure you have created your project. I can't send invitations until after your project is created.

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Can do, mrsmig. Refresh my memory of your username thataways?

I'm mrsmig - same as always. I just added my project so if you don't find me, let me know.

Jerboa

frelled
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ejtett.weebly.com
Ok, I am The_Mouse on there. Figured I'd try to up my WiP's word count and add an extra 15k to where I am now (which'd take me to 52k overall).

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Sara K.

Registered
Reaction score
I'd love to get in on this cabin action, if you don't mind a AW (relative) lurker! I'm ayii over there. I have a project, though I haven't quite decided which ideas I'll be working on.

EnzoC

Registered
Reaction score
If there's still space, can I be in the cabin? My username is Randumbz

Status
Not open for further replies.