I signed with an agent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

leewhowrites

Registered
Reaction score
Ok, I just had to come and scream this somewhere to people who understand how awesome this is... I HAVE AN AGENT!

I received a delightful phone call on Friday, and my client agreements are in the post!

I just had to tell some fellow writer people, because most of my friends, family and work colleagues don't really get it. I mean they're obviously very happy for me, but they don't really understand how important this is - understandably, because they've never researched or had to reason to research the publishing industry.

Anyway, YAY! The best part is, she thinks my book would make a great series, so she wants me to map out a potential book 2, and even wants little ideas for books 3 and 4... obviously there is no guarantee that this is what publishers will want (or even that they will want to buy the book), but I still found that very exciting.

So yeah. That's my news!

leewhowrites

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you! It's Amber Caraveo, of Skylark Literary. She's been fantastic to work with!

ww412

Registered
Reaction score
Congratz! That's amazing news!

Cheers

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! Hope it goes well.

leewhowrites

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you! It does feel amazing... sort of feels validating?

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well done. Congratulations, leewhowrites. Nice to know it does happen. :partyguy:

Mary Love

Registered
Reaction score
Yay, super encouraging to hear this once in awhile. So happy for you!!!:snoopy:

Qwest

Here on a catnap
Registered
Reaction score
Oh wow!! Congratulations, love happy agent tales like this! Such great news that she wants to look at a series too! :hooray::snoopy:

leewhowrites

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you so much everyone! I'm ridiculously excited... she is going to be working on a line edit for the next few months, meaning I'm going to have a lot of waiting around (but I'm okay with that, because I'm just ecstatic that I have an agent now), so I can use this time to work on outlining a sequel and coming up with ideas for later books. So it's likely that I won't be on submission until later in the year.

But I'm so cool with that... I think if it happened any faster I'd be freaking out a LOT. This way, I can digest it and get used to it. I've never really had anything like this happen to me before, even though it's been my goal every since I first knew about agents as a teenager.

Planning a series, however, is a bit daunting. My book has a closed ending, and it's quite climatic, so I'm worried I won't be able to do as well with the potential sequels. There's a lot more that I can do with the concept and the characters, for sure, but I'm just worried I won't be able to pull the ideas off very well. Guess every writer encounters that with pretty much every book though, eh?

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, and good luck with the series. :hooray:

Cascada

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations and all the best on your wonderful journey!

M.S. Wiggins

"The Moving Finger writes..."
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
High Five! Congratulations. Your anxious excitement has put a smile on my face. Best of luck to you, your future, and the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.