• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Trifecta Publishing House

zmethos

from words to worlds
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mpepperlanglinais.com
Link: http://www.trifectapublishinghouse.com/

Not in love with the site design. And I wonder about what they call "services" (editorial, cover art, formatting, proofreading). They say they contract with these people, so if they accept your manuscript, do they as the publisher pay for these services or does the author?

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
I don't like their site design, either. Also, one of their upcoming book is listed as "Distopian Young Adult."

This does not inspire faith.

Juanwi

Registered
Reaction score
I just received a full manuscript request from them. Waiting to hear back. I am a bit concerned about the site look, especially since they are a publishing house. A nicer site can be created on Wix very easily. Would love to find out more info on experiences.

LoriLyn

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, all. Apologies I haven't responded sooner. I'm one of the partners of Trifecta Publishing House and our Vintage Hill Press Imprint. So sorry you don't like the website. I work on it continually so if you want to give me feedback, FB PM me.

First - if you can, join our newest Release Party this evening (7/17/17) from 7-8 PM PST. It's to celebrate the release of Marie Tuhart's newest PASSIONATE DESIRES.

I see it's been many months since anyone commented.Juanwi - if you still haven't had a reply on a submission, please send me a message and remind me the title of the submission and I'll check on it ASAP.

I see some confusion about our services and the costs. As it states on our website, we do NOT offer advances but we also do NOT ask an author to pay one cent for the services we do provide. We contract with strictly professionals in the publishing industry. You can find a listing of the contractors we use with direct links to their specific websites, as applicable. We have editors, cover artists, proofreaders, and formatters for e-books and, if the ms meets the criteria, print books. We provide marketing support and seek industry reviews for the author.

Partner Diana Ballew has worked in the small press industry prior to helping to create Trifecta Publishing House. Both myself (Lori Lyn) and Diana Ballew have been published under other publishers but decided we wanted to do better and knew we could. I have been in the professional writing industry since 1999. Please see our bios on our website. Our other partner is Doug Burmeister who has a background in Federal Law Enforcement, and has been a top salesman for over a decade.

Hope this helps and please let me know if you have other questions.

Lori Lyn, Director of Marketing

LoriLyn

Registered
Reaction score
Curious, Thedrellum - why does Dystopian Young Adult "not inspire faith"? We have two coming out - the first is WYRFORRA releasing next month and the other (currently under production option) coming out in November is MAX RANDOM AND THE ZOMBIE 500.

I'm really interested to hear your thoughts. Thanks.

Lori Lyn

LoriLyn

Registered
Reaction score
Juanwi - in case you miss my comment to you in my long-ish post, if you still haven't heard back on your submission, please send me a note and remind me of title and I will make sure you get a response, if you are still interested. My e-mail is on the website but I'll note it below also, for convenience.

Lori Lyn

Last edited:

LoriLyn

Registered
Reaction score
Zmethos/Pepper - I believe the services are all listed on our site and, if you scroll down a bit on the About Us page, you will find the links to those we currently work with. As stated, we do NOT ask the author to pay anything to publish their book. This is clearly stated in our contract. We pay for all editing, formatting, cover art, and proofreading. We also provide marketing support, including but not limited to - writing or assisting in creating your back cover copy, obtaining author cover quote, submitting to at least 10 (ten) industry reviewers, creating FB/other social media "ads", creating and maintaining your page(s) on Trifecta's website, offering support for creating/designing your website, etc.

I hope this information helps and if you have any further questions, please contact me at your convenience.

Lori Lyn
[email protected]

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Curious, Thedrellum - why does Dystopian Young Adult "not inspire faith"? We have two coming out - the first is WYRFORRA releasing next month and the other (currently under production option) coming out in November is MAX RANDOM AND THE ZOMBIE 500.

I'm really interested to hear your thoughts. Thanks.

Lori Lyn

I suspect it was because of the typo that was on the site at the time:
Also, one of their upcoming book is listed as "Distopian Young Adult."

LoriLyn

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you,Thedrellum. I checked and I think I had already corrected. Didn't see it that way today, anyway. Always appreciate feedback.
Lori

Juanwi

Registered
Reaction score
Juanwi - in case you miss my comment to you in my long-ish post, if you still haven't heard back on your submission, please send me a note and remind me of title and I will make sure you get a response, if you are still interested. My e-mail is on the website but I'll note it below also, for convenience.

Lori Lyn

So, a couple years ago, I had a hard-drive crash and had to reinstall Windows, etc. I then couldn't remember this site. Recently, I have found it again, and I came across this post. I actually never did receive a response to the full request. I have spent the last couple years rewriting the book, and it's essentially a new book now. Send you a PM on FB to see if you are still open. Though, being this post is so old, not sure if you are still hanging around here!

cool pop

It's Cool, Miss Pop if You're Nasty
Registered
Reaction score
So, a couple years ago, I had a hard-drive crash and had to reinstall Windows, etc. I then couldn't remember this site. Recently, I have found it again, and I came across this post. I actually never did receive a response to the full request. I have spent the last couple years rewriting the book, and it's essentially a new book now. Send you a PM on FB to see if you are still open. Though, being this post is so old, not sure if you are still hanging around here!

Did you check the site? It says they are closed to submissions.