Buy books by AWers

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Children's Writers, Fiction & Non-fiction: 300 - 550 words $25

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Lightbulb Children's Writers, Fiction & Non-fiction: 300 - 550 words $25

I am an educational writer who has been hired to write reading comprehension passages for a series of Language Arts workbooks. I am looking for a few talented writers to team up with me on the project as contributing authors. Must feel comfortable writing both fiction and non-fiction. You will be given writer's credit on the About the Authors page in addition to a $35 payment for each accepted submission.

Target age group: 2nd - 6th grade. Currently working on 5th grade. 3rd grade will be next. The completed 4th grade workbook has received over 100 positive reviews. Here is the link to the 4th grade workbook listing: 4th Grade Reading Comprehension Workbook

Curriculum standards serve as our writing prompts (i.e. Write a story in 1st person; Write a story that showcases theme as an element of fiction; Write a non-fiction passage showing cause & effect; Write 2 non-fiction passages that can be compared and contrasted, etc.)

If interested, please reply here, send me a private message or email me at writewordsinfo@gmail.com for more information.

Wendy
    Last edited by writewordwit; 03-28-2017 at 05:00 AM.

Mentoring Myself and Others Debbie V's Avatar
    Hi Wendy,

I'm interested in this but I need more information. What do the deadlines for this project look like? Is there a kill fee for work completed and possibly revised but still not accepted? Is the publisher aware you are seeking subcontractors? What is the next step toward joining your team? Thank you for the information.

-Debbie
    Last edited by Debbie V; 03-07-2017 at 07:12 PM.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Hi Debbie.

Thank you for your interest. Here are the answers to your questions:

What do the deadlines for this project look like? Varies, and I try to ask what the writer's schedule looks like for turning a specific piece around. Some have turned it around in a day, but I usually look for a passage to be complete within 1 week.

Is there a kill fee for work completed and possibly revised but still not accepted?

There is no kill fee. However, I do work with a writer on more than one round of revisions. Sometimes, it turns into more of collaborative effort, but you still get paid the full amount. The main reasons I would reject a piece would be if it sloppy work, is written scattershot rather than a logical progression or clear development, written above age level, or doesn't fulfill the standard it addresses.

Is the publisher aware you are seeking subcontractors?

Yes, I have been working with a small team of writers for almost a year. I posted here to see if I could find new talent to add to my team.

What is the next step toward joining your team?

Please email me at writewordsinfo@gmail.com for next steps.

Thank you for your inquiry. Look forward to hearing from you.

Wendy

practical experience, FTW
    Interested in this opportunity, and I am sending an e-mail your way, today.