Magnificent March - 500 words/day or editing - all genres welcome

Brechin Frost

Registered
Reaction score
That's fantastic!

I only started writing in the last twenty minutes. I don't know what it was about the rest of the day but I just couldn't do it. I'm writing it off as a mental health day.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Saoirse - congrats on the words.

Brechin Frost - sometimes a day off is needed to recharge.

I'm still flitting between my two WIP - editing one, and sorting scenes on the other. I'm feeling the urge to start creating again, rather than sorting and fixing.

Brechin Frost

Registered
Reaction score
Found a puppy today... There's a field behind my house (outside Ottawa) and this little mixed chihuahua pup was out there, shivering. We called the vet to see if anyone had reported their dog missing, got in touch with the family and returned him. It turns out that he went missing on the day of the big snow storm we had here about a week ago. Somehow he survived the week in the snow and sub-zero (Celsius) weather. He looked somewhat emaciated and wasn't that responsive to stimuli, food or water until we got him back to his family and he perked up, wagged his tail, kissed their noses.

So I didn't get much writing done today. But reunited a puppy with his family. Worth it. :) Plus I can drink a pot of coffee and make up the words tonight.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Poor wee thing, to survive a week in the snow on his own. So glad you found him and were able to reunite him with this family.

Definitely one of the better reasons for not writing. :greenie

I did a lot of work on my MS over the weekend. I even...drum roll, please ...added some new words - 2876 to be exact. :hooray:

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Brechin - How awesome about the puppy!

muse - Awesome wordage!

No writing. Thinking about writing. Mostly Guild Wars Factions....good stress relief. :nod, nod:

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thinking about writing is as good as writing, Saorise. You're just doing the writing/plotting in your mind instead of on the page.:greenie

Which is more than I did yesterday, or today. Can someone please add a few more hours to the day because I don't have nearly enough at the moment.:e2thud:

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on the words, Brechin.

I spent today beta'ing for someone and babysitting my 13-month-old granddaughter, so no words on my MS.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Great news on the blurb, Saorise - they can be tricky little beggars. :greenie

Good luck with the cover. Can't wait to see it.

I have deleted 302 words today, which has tightened up 2 scenes nicely.

Brechin Frost

Registered
Reaction score
Good work on the blurb, Saoirse.

And good on you for tightening up your work muse!

I was supposed to get a tattoo today but things went sideways on that. So, I'm working towards gaining some serious words today and tonight. There's been a lot of distractions lately, so I'm really looking forward to just getting some real work done.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
muse - Thanks! Awesome on the tightening.

Brechin - Thanks! Ooh, a tattoo! That would be cool (I have 2, plans for more!). Hope you were able to get some work done.

827 words today on Covenant.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Hello everyone! I am back from a short holiday.

Brechin - I am currently discussing designs for a new tattoo, so I am excited on your behalf!

Good words, everyone.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back from you holiday, osg - hope it was a good one.

Saorise - congrats on the words

Brechin - hope you managed to get some writing done.

A pathetic 23 words added to my MS today. But, I have been working hard on some promo stuff for Where There's Smoke. Does that count?

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
muse - Promo counts, absolutely! And 23 words is 23 words you didn't have before. ;)

OSG Welcome back!

Today's my birthday so I am taking the night off of everything (except gaming). :D Maybe some writing if I feel up to it, but no pressure.

Brechin Frost

Registered
Reaction score
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :partyguy:

417 words so far but I'll be up ALL night working. (I also started doing a new round of rewrites on my first novel.)

OSG - Every years I attend this charity event where for $50 + tax, you can get a tattoo from a selection of flash designs made to commemorate the event. This would have been my fourth year, however for some reason the event drew a much larger crowd this year and when we arrived over an hour early there were already at least 40 people lined up outside. It takes each artist between 15-20 minutes per person plus a five minutes between for change overs and occasional breaks. So only two or three people per hour per artist and there's 5 artists. And I didn't have 4 hours. So that sucked. But it just means I'll have to add to my armful of tattoo another day.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Brechin - good luck with the rewrites.

Happy birthday, Saoirse and congrats on the words.:partyguy:

Still stuck on promo stuff so very little writing done.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I seem to have missed birthdays and puppies and holidays and word counts. You are all awesome and inspiring.

I may be poking my head out of isolation. We'll see. But I have written 2,204 words today, so there's that.

Brechin Frost

Registered
Reaction score
Another day -- another bunch of words. I'm not entirely certain how many because my days have sort of blended together.

I'm also reading A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Well done, everyone!

Yesterday I got 400+ on my Easter sermon and then another 500ish on the book, in which the characters continue to behave badly. No wonder no one likes you, Characters. You are awful, terrible people only your writer could love.