Status
Not open for further replies.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Well, it's still a few weeks before cabins go live, but the Camp NaNo site is live for the season for anyone who wants to sign up. :)

So my goal for this month is to finish the beta read I've been sitting on too long. Way overdue. Get it off my to-do list, and then there's nothing between me and my novel except, well, me.

BreeC

Registered
Reaction score
Well, it's still a few weeks before cabins go live, but the Camp NaNo site is live for the season for anyone who wants to sign up. :)

So my goal for this month is to finish the beta read I've been sitting on too long. Way overdue. Get it off my to-do list, and then there's nothing between me and my novel except, well, me.
Wonderful! Should we keep a running list of NaNo usernames of people who want to join? I'm not terribly familiar with the cabin setup.

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Wonderful! Should we keep a running list of NaNo usernames of people who want to join? I'm not terribly familiar with the cabin setup.

Basically, we'll be able to have 12 people per cabin. We'll want to change our settings so we're not automatically assigned to a random cabin, but I think we can drop out if we forget. Then, once they're open, one person will make the cabins, then pick the usernames of people they want to invite to join the group. Pretty easy. :)

BreeC

Registered
Reaction score
Basically, we'll be able to have 12 people per cabin. We'll want to change our settings so we're not automatically assigned to a random cabin, but I think we can drop out if we forget. Then, once they're open, one person will make the cabins, then pick the usernames of people they want to invite to join the group. Pretty easy. :)
Awesome! I've never been able to cabin with people I've met beforehand, so hopefully this'll work out better than when I've done it with random selections.

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Awesome! I've never been able to cabin with people I've met beforehand, so hopefully this'll work out better than when I've done it with random selections.

Usually does. :) Although humorously enough, one of the best cabins I've ever been in was a randomly assigned group of us starting four days late. Apparently deciding to join the party late makes a good drive.

BreeC

Registered
Reaction score
Usually does. :) Although humorously enough, one of the best cabins I've ever been in was a randomly assigned group of us starting four days late. Apparently deciding to join the party late makes a good drive.
Seriously? That's incredibly lucky! I've tried Camp twice and both times everybody bailed out/disappeared.

BreeC

Registered
Reaction score
Well, you'll be in an AWer cabin this year! It's gonna be different. :greenie
I am so looking forward to that.

I also got good news last night from my CP: we're possibly going to ramp up swapping, so I'll be able to get through my MS faster with her. Deadline, here I come! :)

Tchaikovsky

Registered
Reaction score
I'll try to make it!

I never knew the amount of Twitter contests available for writers. Who said Twitter was obsolete?

BreeC

Registered
Reaction score
I'll try to make it!

I never knew the amount of Twitter contests available for writers. Who said Twitter was obsolete?
Right! I mean, I think Twitter is kind of for a particular kind of person, but it does have some amazing contests!

Tim Archer

Registered
Reaction score
Definitely hoping to be ready for Pitch Wars in August. It's an amazing contest, but so intimidating when you realize just how much good material is out there.

BreeC

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone writing today? I'm just adding a couple scenes to my WIP and then its initial draft is finished! Today might be the day. :)

BreeC

Registered
Reaction score
Well, now ALL parts of my WIP are in place and ready for CPs.

How are you guys doing with your goals?

arikdiver

Making magic with words
Registered
Reaction score
After months of being angry at my WIP, I'm feeling better about it. I've had a breakthrough and am happily writing again. Hopefully I can get this thing finished by mid-April so I can have my CP's go over it before pitch wars.

BreeC

Registered
Reaction score
After months of being angry at my WIP, I'm feeling better about it. I've had a breakthrough and am happily writing again. Hopefully I can get this thing finished by mid-April so I can have my CP's go over it before pitch wars.
Congratulations! Mid-April seems like a great goal. Good luck!

La Loca

Registered
Reaction score
I would love to have my MS ready for Pitch Wars. Great goal and deadline. I'm in.

BreeC

Registered
Reaction score
I would love to have my MS ready for Pitch Wars. Great goal and deadline. I'm in.
Fantastic! How are you planning to accomplish this? Do you have weekly goals you're hoping to meet? :)

BreeC

Registered
Reaction score
I'm back at it today if anyone wants a writing buddy. :)

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I've created a private cabin for anyone doing Camp next month! Let me know your username and I'll send an invitation. I set my goal as 30 hours. It seems reasonable for what I have left to do. An hour a day of work over the month should finish everything.. I hope.

Last edited:

BreeC

Registered
Reaction score
Cool! I'm DMing you my NaNo username. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.