Status
Not open for further replies.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Welcome to the thread! Happy to motivate whenever you need it. Deadlines work really well to keep you on track. Perhaps a firm one is just what you need. :)

Sounds like a terrific plan! NaNo's great as long as you have good buddies to help you out. Maybe we could make a cabin if enough people are interested?[/COLOR]

Oh, for sure! There are always a handful of cabins of AWers each camp. There'll probably be a thread that starts next month when registration opens. I'm down for starting a cabin with folks working towards PW2017.

BreeC

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, for sure! There are always a handful of cabins of AWers each camp. There'll probably be a thread that starts next month when registration opens. I'm down for starting a cabin with folks working towards PW2017.
Great! Let's keep that in mind for next month. :)

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Though the link is currently for 2016, the timing is usually the same for each year in Pitchwars, so you can use that as a barometer, blacbird. I don't think Brenda updates that link until after PitchMadness is done. You start seeing more heavy chatter about it in June and July.

Trying to figure out whether it might be good motivation to finally get the darn pirate book done by telling myself I want it ready for subbing to Pitchwars (if I don't hit on my other novel querying by that time)...hmm...

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Blergh...I should, shouldn't I? Maybe third time is the charm when it comes to Pitchwars.

Hmm.

Either way, you should DEFINITELY do your shiny reaper story, Maggie :greenie Clearly I approve of that one.

I know you approve, it's why I'm trying to ply you with it. XD It's my most complete story, so it's definitely the one I'm going to go with. My other finished works need a lot of cleaning, betas, fishing things out of plotholes, etc.

BreeC

Registered
Reaction score
For all those wondering why the Pitch Wars page has 2016 info: it hasn't been updated yet. However, the dates for 2017's Pitch Wars is available on the Contest Schedule page (August 2-6, 2017): http://www.brenda-drake.com/contest-schedule/

- - - Updated - - -

Though the link is currently for 2016, the timing is usually the same for each year in Pitchwars, so you can use that as a barometer, blacbird. I don't think Brenda updates that link until after PitchMadness is done. You start seeing more heavy chatter about it in June and July.

Trying to figure out whether it might be good motivation to finally get the darn pirate book done by telling myself I want it ready for subbing to Pitchwars (if I don't hit on my other novel querying by that time)...hmm...
Yes! Please join us. :)

josephperin

Registered
Reaction score
Can someone explain what it is? I just sent mine in for Pitch Madness. I understand it's a different contest, but what is the difference in process?

BreeC

Registered
Reaction score
Can someone explain what it is? I just sent mine in for Pitch Madness. I understand it's a different contest, but what is the difference in process?
The process is also listed on the Contest Schedule page:

August 2 (midnight) – August 6 (10PM EDT): Writers submit applications to mentors for Pitch Wars
August 2 – August 23: Pitch Wars mentors review applications and choose a writer to mentor.
August 24: Pitch War mentees are announced.
August 24 – October 30: Mentors work with their team.

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
Joining, because Maggie Maxwell is the little devil on my shoulder... I don't 100% know I'll actually do Pitch Wars because I don't totally love the "contest" aspect... but the idea to be all revised and have my materials in place seems like a good idea.

I have two possible MS for edit. One is currently second draft and the other first... but both have notes on both. I have no excuse.

So I'm in. Let's do this thing!

BreeC

Registered
Reaction score
Joining, because Maggie Maxwell is the little devil on my shoulder... I don't 100% know I'll actually do Pitch Wars because I don't totally love the "contest" aspect... but the idea to be all revised and have my materials in place seems like a good idea.

I have two possible MS for edit. One is currently second draft and the other first... but both have notes on both. I have no excuse.

So I'm in. Let's do this thing!
Yay!! So excited you're using this as a deadline. Such a great idea. Deadlines make sure that sh*t gets done. :)

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, you have no idea how bad I am at queries ;)

Eh, lots of us are bad, but we all get better!

Yay!! So excited you're using this as a deadline. Such a great idea. Deadlines make sure that sh*t gets done. :)

I have been so lazy lately. I need a jumpstart. The sooner I finish the current MS, the more time I'll have to revise the old one. Added drama!

BreeC

Registered
Reaction score
Eh, lots of us are bad, but we all get better!

I have been so lazy lately. I need a jumpstart. The sooner I finish the current MS, the more time I'll have to revise the old one. Added drama!
Amen. I have such a hard time deciding when something is DONE, so a deadline really helps me just finish.

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
I know you approve, it's why I'm trying to ply you with it. XD It's my most complete story, so it's definitely the one I'm going to go with. My other finished works need a lot of cleaning, betas, fishing things out of plotholes, etc.

Yes! Please join us. :)

BLERGH. Okay, well, it's a good deadline to work towards.

*puts skull and cross bones over beginning of August*
*checks supply of rum*
*pokes at pirates, threatens plank if they don't cooperate*

BreeC

Registered
Reaction score
BLERGH. Okay, well, it's a good deadline to work towards.

*puts skull and cross bones over beginning of August*
*checks supply of rum*
*pokes at pirates, threatens plank if they don't cooperate*
Ahahaha! A supply of rum is always helpful. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.