Pitch Wars 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJSimone

Registered
Reaction score
Mentor picks are in. Hoping the best for everyone here at AW - if not mentors, then encouraging words and useful feedback, and eventually the right agent and publisher for our works.

It's gonna be a long night waiting!

Collie

Registered
Reaction score
I'm feeling fine, pretty meh about the contest. I haven't gotten any requests so I've been considering PW as over for me for a while now. :) Wishing everyone else well and good luck!

That's exactly where I am. Getting 0 requests means that, at least, I have no stress about the reveal. I know I'm not going to be on anyone's list. It was an interesting experience.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
That's exactly where I am. Getting 0 requests means that, at least, I have no stress about the reveal. I know I'm not going to be on anyone's list. It was an interesting experience.

Don't sell yourself short yet. Some mentors said that last year, they mentored based on query and first pages only.

Collie

Registered
Reaction score
Don't sell yourself short yet. Some mentors said that last year, they mentored based on query and first pages only.

Well, theoretically possible I suppose but I'm not going to get my hopes up lol.

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
You got lucky. By the time I went to take a look the site had already crashed. Whole lotta' nervous writers on the Internet today.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
They posted the YA author picks on twitter. I see at least two AWers on there!

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
Oh yeah, now I'm reading the names, Brenda is posting them on Twitter. Congratulations, AWers, it's tough to get in.

noranne

the possibilities are endless
Registered
Reaction score
Website
nora-bailey.com
Congrats to the mentees!

I (of course) didn't make it. Didn't make the drawing either. Ah, well. So it goes. Someday I'll learn to be a better writer. :)

CJSimone

Registered
Reaction score
:PartySmil

So thankful Dawn Ius took a chance on my MS, despite the "risk" and I'm so overwhelmed right now!

I really appreciate all the support from you all! helios, a big congrats :Clap: and I'm hoping for great things for the rest of you!

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Hooray for CJ, Smiley, and helios!

(Helios, I didn't know your author name, so I couldn't recognize you on the list)

DarienW

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to CJ and helios!!! You rock!!! Best of luck for the next two months and wishing you both great success!!!

DarienW

Registered
Reaction score
For those of us who didn't get in--good news is--this site is fantastic and filled with great and generous critters!!! I've learned so much here!!! Let's keep supporting each other coz there's so many ways to find success!!!

Best wishes to all of us going forward!

:Hug2:

CJSimone

Registered
Reaction score
Hooray for CJ, Smiley, and helios!

(Helios, I didn't know your author name, so I couldn't recognize you on the list)

Thank you for always cheering us on, Sage!

That's awesome that 3 AWers are in the 150/180! Smiley, congrats (I missed you)! :Clap:

I owe a lot to AW and all here who've helped me. I know with 100% certainty I wouldn't have been chosen if I hadn't already been "mentored" by many of you in SYW and QLH. So thank you!

And I gotta give a shout out to DarienW, who encouraged me to enter Pitch Wars when I wasn't planning on it (and wasn't sure I'd even be done my rewrite in time).

:)

BreeC

Registered
Reaction score
Wow! Congratulations to all those who got selected!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.