Back from Unintentional Hiatus (Seeking Writing Buddies!)

EvieDriver

Registered
Reaction score
Website
eviedriver.com
Hello, writers! I'm Evie. I've been on here for a hot minute (a few months), and I'm still not breaking any ground with meeting other writers. I live in Texas and don't know too many (any) other writers. I'm sort of left to my own devices when it comes to writing. While I'm still a scrub on this forum, I'm trying to connect with maybe one or two (or more) other writers in an ongoing effort to chat about writing, reading, and our projects. It's just a bit frustrating to have so much to say and have absolutely no one (except myself, sadly...and sometimes my husband when forced) to geek out with about this whole world of writing.

I do have a blog/website, so it would be great if I can meet other bloggers. I really want to get together with someone who is also as interested in supporting another writing blog! I'm not looking for someone to just comment, like, follow, etc. I want to build a lasting friendship with another human being in this writing world. I'm hoping someone else out there wants to get to know another fellow writer. I'm currently unpublished and nowhere near sending out queries. I write primarily psychological romance, but I'm currently working on two series: YA / General Fiction sci-fi and YA / NA High school contemporary.

I'm still learning the ropes on this forum, and I hope everyone reading this has a wonderful day! Cheers!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back

Tom Johnson

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www15.brinkster.com
Welcome to AW, Evie. I have several Blogs where I post book reviews and promote other writers. Good luck with your writing. If I can be of help let me know.

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Evie. I find hanging out on the social forums (see Office Party) helps build friendships here and you'll meet plenty of other writers. Jump in!

be frank

not a bloke, not named frank
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Hi, Evie. I find hanging out on the social forums (see Office Party) helps build friendships here and you'll meet plenty of other writers. Jump in!

*looks at Evie's join date*

*looks at Lil's join date*

*looks at Lil's post count*

*laughs cackles*

The social forums are indeed a great way to meet people (and a good place to chat about writing). :)

EvieDriver

Registered
Reaction score
Website
eviedriver.com
Welcome back! There are more than enough writers around to geek out with here, that's for sure. :)

I noticed! Thanks! I hope you're well. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome back

Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to AW, Evie. I have several Blogs where I post book reviews and promote other writers. Good luck with your writing. If I can be of help let me know.

Why, thank you, Tom! I appreciate you taking the time to say that! I'll check out your blog shortly! :) Thanks again! Have a wonderful day!

- - - Updated - - -

I'll definitely be stopping by. I've been away due to me getting married and an increase in my workload. Things are finally settling down! I hope you're well! :)

EvieDriver

Registered
Reaction score
Website
eviedriver.com

*laughs cackles*

The social forums are indeed a great way to meet people (and a good place to chat about writing). :)

*Looks away embarrassed* I'm not worthy!

Ha! Yeah. I got married and my wedding became my world over the last few months in 2016. Work picked up, which has prohibited me from hanging out around here lately. My goal is to DEFINITELY get my post count up! Lol. It's pathetic! Thank you for commenting!

Violent-E

Asian/Nordic
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well I'd be more than happy to talk to you about writing. :)
I have the same issue where I live.

Made even worse, that there isn't much here. In regards to creative outlets.
Feel free to message me on my profile of pm if you want to chat!

Welcome back as well too!

Richard White

Stealthy Plot Bunny Peddler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcwhite.com

*laughs cackles*

Looks at both of their start dates and post counts.

Sadly looks at own post count.

Retreats into a corner.

be frank

not a bloke, not named frank
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
*Looks away embarrassed* I'm not worthy!

Ha! Yeah. I got married and my wedding became my world over the last few months in 2016. Work picked up, which has prohibited me from hanging out around here lately. My goal is to DEFINITELY get my post count up! Lol. It's pathetic! Thank you for commenting!

Nah, your post count is perfectly normal. It's Lil's whose count is insane. Seriously, Lil's post count is insane for that time!

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back. :welcome: