burrows up from underground ... wait, you're all still here?!

sublunam

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sublunam.wordpress.com
Another newbie here, although I used to hang out at AW over a decade ago, when it was still run by Jenna Glatzer. Most of the writing forums I was part of then seem to have vaporized, so it's happy to find out that AW is still here.

Who am I? Well, back then I used to write unpublished novels, although I did get a handful of articles and short stories into print (mostly online). Over the past decade I went through school and am now sliding gracelessly off the back of a phd. I write most hours most days, but fiction has become my phantom limb. I'm here to see if it's possible to find out where it went.

– Jess

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler. :welcome:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome aboard

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

MaggieFoster

Registered
Reaction score
I, too, used to spend 80% of my life posting to various writer's group forums and boards, including AW. Then they all faded to black. Happy to see AW thriving!

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I, too, used to spend 80% of my life posting to various writer's group forums and boards, including AW. Then they all faded to black. Happy to see AW thriving!

Welcome back!

That said, please PM me with anything you remember about your previous account; we're dead serious about one account per member.

sublunam

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sublunam.wordpress.com
Thanks AW Admin! I sent you a PM this morning (I think! Unless I couldn't figure out how to work it.) I have zero recollection of my previous account, or even whether I actually had one. I remember AW being much more of an article-focused site back then, and I mostly browsed those. And really, it was in the late 90s or early 00s. I don't even remember what my email address was back then, much less the usernames and passwords I had for the forums I used to frequent. I'm sorry!
– Jess

Welcome back!

That said, please PM me with anything you remember about your previous account; we're dead serious about one account per member.

Lapidar

Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: hi there, since I am also in one German writing forum that has just celebrated its 10th anniversary, I can sort of understand, how it feels to find a sort of permanence it such an unpermanent medium than the www.

I am sure your limb will show up in time again. luckily they usually prosper happily somewhere in the underground
Are you sort of an Alice in Wonderland fan?