AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Agency] Samantha B. Literary

[Agency] Samantha B. Literary

I saw the listing on QueryTracker today. She was from Adams Literary which is a good place.

http://samanthabliterary.com/

She's looking for MG and YA.

Anyone query her yet?

practical experience, FTW Pisco Sour's Avatar
    Hmmm, I got a 'like' from her just now on #Pitmad, but there's very little into on her website about her, or her clients/sales. Not sure if I should query.

Quote Originally Posted by Pisco Sour View Post
    Hmmm, I got a 'like' from her just now on #Pitmad, but there's very little into on her website about her, or her clients/sales. Not sure if I should query.
    She was certainly in good hands at Adams Literary, and I'm sure she's still piggybacking off the contacts she made while she was there. I suspect the reason she doesn't list her sales or clients yet is because she doesn't have many (or any), so you'd be one of her first. The upside is that you'll probably become one of her bread-and-butter clients and she'll have a lot of time to spend on you, but of course, the downside is that she doesn't have a track record (and might realize at some point that there are far easier ways to make a living). If she were still at Adams Literary, I'd query her, no question. The fact that she's gone off on her own does give me a little bit of pause, but if I were looking for an agent, I'd probably still end up querying her, since she did work with good mentors for at least four or five years.

My two cents, for what they're worth!
    THE SOUND OF LIFE AND EVERYTHING (G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers, May 2015)

EARTH TO DAD (Capstone, Fall 2018)

DON'T VOTE FOR ME (Sourcebooks Jabberwocky, August 2015)
    DON'T SOLVE THE PUZZLE (Bloomsbury Children's, Winter 2019)

www.kristavandolzer.blogspot.com

practical experience, FTW Pisco Sour's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krista G. View Post
    She was certainly in good hands at Adams Literary, and I'm sure she's still piggybacking off the contacts she made while she was there. I suspect the reason she doesn't list her sales or clients yet is because she doesn't have many (or any), so you'd be one of her first. The upside is that you'll probably become one of her bread-and-butter clients and she'll have a lot of time to spend on you, but of course, the downside is that she doesn't have a track record (and might realize at some point that there are far easier ways to make a living). If she were still at Adams Literary, I'd query her, no question. The fact that she's gone off on her own does give me a little bit of pause, but if I were looking for an agent, I'd probably still end up querying her, since she did work with good mentors for at least four or five years.

My two cents, for what they're worth!
    Thanks! I really appreciate your input! I had a total of 22 'likes' during Pitmad and I'm trying to sort everything onto a spreadsheet. Ack!