Joined Twitter to participate in #pitchmadness. Have a question (or two)

Ninka

Registered
Reaction score
For a long time I resisted Twitter. But then I've heard about #pitchmadness. So now I am on Twitter. Has anyone participated in #pitchmadness? What was your experience? Anyone had any success? Also, if you use Twitter what's your handle? I'll follow you. Mine is: @NinkaSLC

Sheryl Nantus

Holding out for a Superhero...
Registered
Reaction score
Brownsville, Pennsylvania. Or New Babbage, Second
Website
www.sherylnantus.com
I didn't use that one but I did find my current agents through #AdPit.

The best thing you can do is refine your Twitter pitch and if you do get it favorited (usually the sign that an agent is interested) check out the agents before you send anything out. Have more than one pitch and be prepared to send out your sample within the next week - don't try it if you're not finished your manuscript!

Good luck!

@SherylNantus here

polishmuse

I'm a cookie
Registered
Reaction score
I loved pitch contests, but didn't find my agent that way. Regardless, they're a great way for fine-tunning your log line and they're just plain fun. It's nice to read everyone else's pitches and see what else is out in the world, too. Definitely have more than one strong pitch for #pitmad (if you don't get into pitchmadness)-- they're different things and Brenda Drake's website is a great tool for advice on that. Sometimes there will be a practice session for pitches or I bet you could post them on the SYW boards. Best of luck, and even if you get favorites, you don't need to send to every single one. Do your research and make sure that you're interested in them, too.

InkStainedWench

It's a dirty job, but...
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Marina! Haven't done pitchmadness, but I followed you.

Southpaw

The squirrel apocalypse is coming!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the AW Twitter lists--so much easier than trying to build my own!

Ninka, I did #pitmad in November (?) 2016. It was so much fun. Look for chats that lead up to it. Very supportive and fun. I did get some likes and I have a partial out, which I didn't expect, but was exciting. I heard it was it was quiet for most of the end of the year twitter pitch parties last year, but that early this year should be more active.

Best of luck!