Microsoft office Home and student 2007 -saving to disk

Stlight

ideas are floating where they will
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of thing
Generally when I save to the disk it goes smoothly. However, sometimes instead of giving the click throughs, the system stops. At that point I have to go back to the directory of files. Sometimes, though not always, it will let me click the save to dive (E)where my disk is without shutting down the word program for a couple of hours. Usually when it does let me click again it shows me two folders the one I'm trying to save and one with a similar name from months ago. (this would make sense if it had been months instead of 24 hours since I worked on the file.) The question is 'do you want to merger these files?'

Well, I don't know. What happens if I merge them? Does the most recent/just finished file I want to save cover the previous one? Do they make some sort of blend of the two?

So far I've just been saying No and waiting 6 to 8 hours to try again. That is how long it takes for the system (turned off) to decide I might want to save the current file as is.

I would like to be able to save one file, then a completely different one, but I've accepted that that is not possible with Micro 2007.

Another question, please is 2010 better than 2007? 1997 was so much better than 2007. sniff.

Thank you for reading this.

Stlight