Seeing only forums I'm interested in

nmsheldon

Registered
Reaction score
Newbie here. I hope this is the right place to post this, I can't find anything in the search, or I'm searching for the wrong terms.

There are a lot of forums on this forum. Other forums and bulletin board systems I've participated on allow me to hide forums which I'm not interested in. Is there any way to do that here? I see a button for 'subscribing' to a forum, but that doesn't seem to do much but change the icon on that button to a different symbol.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Newbie here. I hope this is the right place to post this, I can't find anything in the search, or I'm searching for the wrong terms.

There are a lot of forums on this forum. Other forums and bulletin board systems I've participated on allow me to hide forums which I'm not interested in. Is there any way to do that here? I see a button for 'subscribing' to a forum, but that doesn't seem to do much but change the icon on that button to a different symbol.

You can't hide forums.

You can Subscribe using the control panel option to alert you to new posts; see FAQ: Everything You Wanted To Know About Thread Subscriptions. Use the No Email Subscriptions option and then just go to your Settings to read the threads from the forums you subscribed to and are interested in.

The other option is to use the New Posts link in the tools stripe at the top of the forum.
Only read the threads from the forums you're interested in.

A third option is simply use the Bookmarks or Favorites option in your Web browser to bookmark the forums you wish to follow.

nmsheldon

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. I was hoping there was some trick I was missing here. I'll have to live with it, then.

nmsheldon

Registered
Reaction score
Actually, I just figured it out. If I click on the settings link at the top of the page, it takes me right to a list of all my subscribed forums, with all of the info of the front page. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with the mobile theme.