First draft of Misfortune of Vision DONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
Shoot, I feel a huge sense of accomplishment just finishing a short story; I can't begin to imagine what completing a novel feels like.

Sending this over to Goals & Accomplishments. Hold on for jist a sec.

spottedgeckgo

Da Gecko
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spottedgeckgo.com
I absolutely love EVERY time I finish a first draft. I push my laptop back, stretch, take one last sip of coffee, and hold on to that feeling as long as I can. I finally learned that it's a good idea to close the document immediately, before my eyes latch on to the last sentence and my brain says, "No, wait a minute. You can't leave the reader with that..." My inner editor needs to learn to shut her trap and just let me have that little victory for a couple of days :p

Bladespark

JOAT
Registered
Reaction score
Heck yeah. Sometimes just finishing a particularly difficult scene feels amazing. Finishing the first draft of a longer work is great.

amyall

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.scribery.net
Congratulations! I just finished the first draft of my first novel a couple days ago and I had no idea how good that would feel. I'm glad to hear that after seven novels there's still that same rush of excitement.
Best of luck to you!
-A

Mary Love

Registered
Reaction score
Yay!!! So happy for you GD. The feeling shouldn't change, whether it's your 7th or 700th--it's still a huge accomplishment! :partyguy:

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
YES, it's definitely a great feeling. You're on fire, Greeny. Way to gooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.