How to traditionally list books on Amazon? (NOT KDP)

Fresie

She Who Runs The Waves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
galaktio-nova.blogspot.com
Hi everybody,

I work for a small traditional publishing house who want to list their books on Amazon. You'd think it's easy enough but we just can't work out how to apply. This is the only piece of information we've managed to unearth in an online discussion:

Only "real" publishers with FTP book upload can publish multimedia titles. You can fill out an application at Amazon to be accepted as a Publisher, but you have to have a backlist, and the application starts with "please provide the names/ISBN's of your top 25-selling titles..." or something along those lines.

FTP, ISBNs, the backlist... we have it all... but where do you actually apply???? How do other trad publishers do it???? There's nothing on the entire Amazon site even remotely relevant or helpful.

Please help!

Last edited:

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Contact Amazon. Ask their advice.

(And please. "Traditional"? Eugh. It's "trade publishing".)

Fresie

She Who Runs The Waves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Contact Amazon. Ask their advice.

Thank you very much! Naturally this was the first thing I did. But all they do they send you to KDP, no other options. When I try to explain it's not about KDP and that KDP has nothing to do with it, they reply, "Thank you for your interest in our KDP program. For further information on how to self-publish with KDP, please contact them directly at...." This is a real human being speaking, apparently reading from some prompt in front of them. Oh. I mean, oh. :Shrug:

Last edited:

Fresie

She Who Runs The Waves
Registered
Reaction score
Website