House panel votes to eliminate Election Assistance Commission

Cmalone

Registered
Reaction score
While everyone was busy watching the DeVos Disaster, USA Today reporter Fredreka Schouten was reporting the House Administration panel's efforts to further undermine voting and fair elections:

House Administration panel just voted 6-3 to get rid of the Election Assistance Commission, charged w/ helping states improve voting systems

U.S. Election Assistance Commission

The U.S. Election Assistance Commission (EAC) is an independent, bipartisan commission established by the Help America Vote Act of 2002 (HAVA). It is charged with supporting state and local election officials in their efforts to ensure accessible, accurate and secure elections. EAC develops guidance to meet HAVA requirements, adopts voluntary voting system guidelines, and serves as a national clearinghouse of information on election administration. EAC also accredits testing laboratories and certifies voting systems, as well as audits the use of HAVA funds.

And the EAC website, in case you'd like to see more of what they do.

Lyv

I meant to do that.
Registered
Reaction score
I am tracking the bill now and will contact the three Democrats on the committee it's been referred to. I feel hopeless today, but springing into action is 95% muscle memory now. With help from friends.