lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Go, Shara! :e2cheer:

And yay on the tweaks, Saoirse! I have no doubt you will unravel your escape scene. :)

So I prequelled a bit last night, but I didn't like the POV, so I started again. I've now got 1,808 words. Whee!

I also got the edits to my edits back. Due next Friday. My editor doesn't have a ton of changes (he seemed to like pretty much everything I fixed), but I have some beta notes to incorporate as well, and I want to do a more meticulous read-through for things like misplaced modifiers (a frequent sin of mine).

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Sounds doable, Liz! Awesome on the prequelling. ;)

Wrote 705 words on the escape scene before my wrists decided to complain. Back at it today. I hope to finish.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Shara, congrats on the word count, and the gruesome demise of your character.:evil

Liz - nice prequel wordage.:Clap: good luck with the edits.

Saoirse - sounds like you've worked out your escape scene. :e2cheer:

I managed some momentum on my WIP - 6 more scenes fleshed out and threads are beginning to pull together.

Kinda stalled now as editor sent 2nd lot of edits for Where There's Smoke and needs them back tomorrow. Tomorrow!!:Jaw:

Admittedly, there aren't many, but I do like to take my time over them. *sigh*

Time for BIC.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
muse, I think sometimes editors have calendars that work differently than ours do. I have had many "um, you want this when?" moments myself. Good luck!

Saoirse, I hope your wrist stops complaining. That's never any fun.

I didn't add many words today - just 230 - but I also did a little bit of work on the edits, and started setting up my Goodreads author page. Not sure how much traction I'll get there, but it'll be nice to be able to do my own giveaways!

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
No words to speak of today, and no edits. Mostly I put together some jpegs with quotes from my second book, just for fun. Was thinking of tossing one up on social media once a week, just for the hell of it, because why not?

Brechin Frost

Registered
Reaction score
Only 400 words. There was a lot of commotion today that got in the way. I spent a great deal of time reading PhD theses in Physics. Also struggling with the word that I can't find in the Oxford dictionary, neither the actual book or the online version. Biblichor, meaning the pleasant smell of old books. It's a word, right? I've heard it. It's like Petrichor, the smell that comes withe the first rain after a stretch of hot, dry weather.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Managed to get all edits done and sent to publisher by Sunday. Phew!

Haven't added any words to my WIP today. Brain just doesn't want to work so I think I shall spend the evening doing research, or other mundane tasks.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Good work, muse, Liz, & Brechin Frost!

I finished the escape scene. :) Wrote a total of almost 2k. Whewwwww. Took yesterday off and played Guild Wars, and now I'm back at it. Proofreading. I may also be getting an editing job from another writer friend so yay!

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Liz- Yay for staying on schedule.:hooray:

Good work, muse, Liz, & Brechin Frost!

I finished the escape scene. :) Wrote a total of almost 2k. Whewwwww. Took yesterday off and played Guild Wars, and now I'm back at it. Proofreading. I may also be getting an editing job from another writer friend so yay!

Fingers crossed for the editing job, Saoirse.

Working on my WIP today, cleaning up scenes. No word count because what I added in one scene I deleted in another. lol

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Nice work, muse!

Another day of editing, although I finished a bit later than I wanted to. The Kid had a friend over, and the house was a bit chaotic.

I'm doing an experiment: I'm writing down the first line and the last line of every chapter. Noticing some repetition in how I close out scenes. I'm not sure it's noticeable to anyone who hasn't read the book five thousand times, but there are some lines I'll probably tweak.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nice work, muse!

Another day of editing, although I finished a bit later than I wanted to. The Kid had a friend over, and the house was a bit chaotic..

Hectic here, too. Babysitting my little granddaughter, so no words so far today. Hopefully later.

I'm doing an experiment: I'm writing down the first line and the last line of every chapter. Noticing some repetition in how I close out scenes. I'm not sure it's noticeable to anyone who hasn't read the book five thousand times, but there are some lines I'll probably tweak.

Oooh, that sounds interesting. Can see some procrastinating in my future. :greenie

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Liz - Neat about the lines. Must make a note for future reference. ;)

muse - Hope you got to get some words in.

I'm 18 pages into the proofread. :)

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck with the proofreads, Saoirse.

I did manage some wordage yesterday but got stuck on a certain scene. Some mindless laps in the swimming pool today provided the answer - need to move the scene to a later date to give it more oomph.:snoopy: Shall work on that this evening.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Sleep is for tortoises, Brechin. :D

Swimming is nearly as good as washing dishes for inspiration, muse!

Best of luck on the proofread, Saoirse! :e2cheer:

Got through my editor's edits. I have a bunch of notes (some mine, some a beta's, some my agent's) on some things I want to tweak and add. I emailed my editor and asked him if I could use the weekend, and he agreed, so I have until Sunday night to get this stuff done.

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
Well Southern Rail have scuppered my plans to write this week, since on every occasion I got up early to catch the early train to London and hence get some writing time in before the day job, said train was cancelled...

Despite that I managed to do 900 words this morning and still be in the office by 9am, but I am well short of my 3000 words a week target. Will have to find some writing time this weekend.

Melody

Writer of MG, YA and Adult
Registered
Reaction score
Just saw this thread, but jumping in late to the party. Been busy with edits. Trying to get writing done before we start with line edits. Goal is 1000 words a day. Pretty much got at least 750 words a day this week, with something new. Happy writing.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Sorry about the train, Shara - what a pain! And :hi: Melody, and welcome to the thread!

I did a pack of edits today. I still have a lot left, but I think it's mostly little tweaks. Still takes time, though!

And then I'll go back to my prequel. It's funny, because I'm not really sure what I want to do with it. I'll write it, but I may just keep it to myself. Of course, I have about 120,000 words to go before I even have to worry about that. :)

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Welcome Melody!!!!

Liz - Awesome on the edits. Interesting about the prequel. I think it would be fun to write either way.

Shara - Sorry to hear about the train. That just sucks. :(

Brechin - Awesome wordage! Who needs sleep when there's words to write? ;)

muse - Awesome that swimming helped put your issue into perspective!

41 pages in. :)

Last edited:

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like everyone is getting a lot done.
:Clap:

I managed 2719 words yesterday. Was hoping to get more done today but hubs has just informed me that he's taking me out. Is it awful that I'd rather stay at home and write?
:e2bummed:

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
muse - Not at all. I usually feel the same. ;)

127 pages in. Officially halfway done. My brain was toast around midnight last night so I played a bit of Guild Wars. :shifty look: