Grandma Susie's House of FUN and MORE FUN!

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
I don’t. They had a cul-de-sac party the other day, right I’m front of my house, and no one invited me!

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Actually, their kids left their bikes and a scooter on my driveway, which I was nice enough to move, but next time I will roll right over the top if all of it.

And their dog poops in my yard constantly.

And they block the street playing football and drinking beer. And they have loud kids.

AND I LIVED HERE FIRST, DAMMIT!

- - - Updated - - -

They DID include her ... she'll be getting the bill

Yeah, I’m not paying. Sorry.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Do you know the people in your neighborhood?

Of course I do.

There's Pam, the lady across the street. She's retired and has a little doggy named Nomad. Her husband passed several years ago to cancer. Her son is a machinist. He has his own house out of town but stops buy on a regular basis. He drinks a tad too much beer, and has a best buddy that still rides bmx... and looks pretty hot. Both of their names are John, so you never know which one is going to answer.

Next door to Pam is the Mullers. They've been here forever. Elderly couple. He's a riot because he doesn't give a crap what anyone thinks of him - and has always had that in-your-face kind of personality. It's funny though, you give it right back to him and suddenly you're best of friends (was a learning curve for me).

Next to the Mullers is Bobby and Sharon. She was a township supervisor for a term and knows everyone. Bobby is the neighborhood guy. You know, always passing out extra garden spoils and shoveling sidewalks and being Mr. Handy-dandy. He's always happy help.

Downhill next door is the new family. Ross and Jerri. They have 3 kids ages 2, 4 and 6. (Jill, Brian and Marilyn). Some times I'll watch the two older ones for her at the playground. Ross is a big boy; six foot something, works out. Looks like he could play football. They have a black German shepherd that scares most people, but she lurves me.

Uphill is the Helen and Marshall. They have 4 kids (17, 10, 7 and 4). They're sort of separated. Not sure what that's all about. She works from home. He's a bit of a jackass. The kids are Nelson, Henry, Olive and Joey.

I can go on...

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I called my Grammy Tony once. She died a few weeks later. Take from that what you will... :)

Oh, and Lil - I don't think that was a street party. Pretty sure that was a lynch mob. Mmhmm. Did they have pitchforks and burning torches? That's a sure sign, right there. :)

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I do live in the south and have mixed-race children. Historically speaking, a lynch mob wouldn’t be too surprising. But no, no pitchforks, thank goodness. Although the kids do have a motorized mini-car they drive in circles in front of my house.

I think to think of them more as evil extroverts, taunting me with their social skills.

Last edited:

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, House of Neighbors!

I live on a quiet, dead-end street with good neighbors. We have a lot of cops and firefighters, also a teacher. My aunt also lives catty-corner to us. We've had block parties a couple of times, and there's talk of having another next summer.

porlock

Registered
Reaction score
We only have two neighbors on our block - one is a nice 95 year old lady who mows her own lawn and the other is old grouch who hates dogs (and ours haven't pooped on his lawn even once; he does not like their barking). Across the alley was an 85 year old Vietnam vet, just passed away recently of lung cancer. He lived by himself there for years while his wife lived 100 miles away. They didn't like each other. To say he was a "character" is putting it mildly. The house across the street is empty, grass and weeds high as your head. The city has warned the owners more than once.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
I loved my neighborhood when I moved in three years ago. It was a brand new subdivision and there were only three houses in my cul-de-sac. But then they built houses all around me and messed everything up.

Happy Sunday everybody, by the way.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Wow...quiet day on this thread. Without AC here to tell us how good he’s been behaving and what pies he’s eating, the thread seems to stall. Not even any muppet jazz hands? Must be an exciting Sunday out there in the real world.

Hope your day turned out okay, Ted.