Grandma Susie's House of FUN and MORE FUN!

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
You're all convincing me that it might be true what they say about sugar.

Maybe it really is a gateway drug.

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
Coconut is the nut of the gods!
*ahem*
Well - yeah, no. I guess it's a texture thing for me. Give me fudge ripple ice cream or chocolate lava cake. Don't shpoil it with coconut, raisins, nuts (not to be confused with coconut) or marshmallow.

You're all convincing me that it might be true what they say about sugar.

Maybe it really is a gateway drug.
Yeah - gateway to more sugar - and to irascible, churlish, juvenile behavior.

Last edited:

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
:Wha:

- - - Updated - - -

Raisins are terrible but I like texture and crunch and something more than just plain ol' vanilla.

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
There's somethin' wrong with your eye lilB. It's kinda twitchy.

You can't edit your post, once I start typing - too much work. Plus I lose my train of thought.

What were you saying - vanilla?

Yes, vanilla good!

Last edited:

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, Tiddly keeps all the good stuff buried in the cabbie thread. *Hands lilB a bag of trail mix.* Best we can do.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score

Not in Australia, though. :) Or, at the very least, not in my home state. And yeah... I can easily resist temptation and not buy them, if they're only available (to me) online. I mean, online, I have to enter credit card details, and wait for the package to arrive, and... No. I order some things online, but they're generally things that I don't mind waiting for, and/or which I can only get online anyway.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
*Hands lilB a bag of trail mix.* Best we can do.

"Student food"
That's what they call 'trail mix' in the rest of the world.
A little something healthy, you know, for the kids...

So of course 'mericans gotta call it trail mix as if it's something one might eat while hiking,
and since nobody in 'merica hikes because you might lose cell signal...
We'll shelve it back in the corner away from all the high-profit big corporate products.
Go ahead, try to find it in your grocerue store...

Last edited:

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
Trader Joe's and others of similar ilk will carry it, but you're right. Tough to find in your big name supermarkets.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*Buys art kit from Acme Novelty Company and paints a masterpiece*

*steals leftover paint*

*paints mistresspiece*

*hangs it in foyer of thread*

:thankyou:

Yeah, I only do that with Girl Scout cookies.

I have to confess! Oreos have been available here for years and years but I never tried one, until yesterday. They're not bad but I wouldn't necessarily dash out to a convenience store in the middle of the night because...sheesh... we ran out of Oreos. But the question is: Are Girl Scout cookies better than Oreos?

Gail.
Needs benchmark for comparative analysis.

Last edited:

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Girl scout cookies (biscuits) are of various flavors. The 'shortbread' flavored cookie would be perhaps similar to Spar, Bakers or Walker's brand of Shortbread cookie. Other flavors of Girl Scout cookies would include variations of chocolate, mint, coconut, caramel & peanut butter -all in the same sort of round shape and a texture similar to the shortbread. The 'traditional' Oreo had been for years two chocolate (like) flavored round cookies with a vanilla cream layer placed in between - but the company has branched out into many different varieties as well.

So, heh, not knowing exactly which Oreo configuration you tried, or if you have had a 'shortbread' biscuit... that's about the best I can do for your benchmark. LOL

I wouldn't consider either best when it comes to cookies/biscuits. To me...they each have that manufactured to last forever on a store shelf in air-tight plastic taste... so I'd make some at home. They usually taste better and still warm from the oven is even better. =)

Last edited:

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
I have to confess! Oreos have been available here for years and years but I never tried one, until yesterday. They're not bad but I wouldn't necessarily dash out to a convenience store in the middle of the night because...sheesh... we ran out of Oreos. But the question is: Are Girl Scout cookies better than Oreos?
YES! Absolutely. Of course, Oreos come in many different flavors, and Girl Scout cookies come in several...but to be honest, I don't like hard cookies, I like soft and gooey, which neither of those are (GSC or Oreos), obviously. I prefer homemade chocolate chip right out of the oven.

- - - Updated - - -

... so I'd make some at home. They usually taste better and still warm from the oven is even better. =)
TWINS!

GailD

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ha! Cookies are so subjective, aren't they? And yes, nothing beats homemade - I mean really made in your own oven with your own batter.

The Oreos I tried were, I think, the standard chocolate-like cookies with chocolatey cream in between. And they were hard. Probably better if I'd dipped them in a cup of tea. :D But hey, we have Bakers biscuits here!!! (Cookies are called 'biscuits' here.) The shortbread ones are called Eet-sum-more. They are very yummy, about the only store-bought cookies I really like. But I do use digestives, crumbed, as a base for cheesecakes and fridge tarts.

Oh, and S. Africa is slowly waking up to S'mores. :D

porlock

Registered
Reaction score
I feel a bad mood risin’
Double trouble all the day
But I survived the night
Don’t turn out the light
I lose my bad mood when I write.

GailD

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What's wrong with you people? THIN MINTS.

*eyeballs Gail's "mistresspiece*
:roll:

:D It's a new style. I call it Impressionistic Feminism in Cubist Super-surrealism. (I suspect this may give Kelly a headache.) But hey, it's a washable wax crayon collage, so you can just wipe it away if necessary. :D

It's about the way I feel.

Too much pie? :\

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Ac's avatar looks like me the Christmas Eve I drank too much sangria.