Grandma Susie's House of FUN and MORE FUN!

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening House of the Homicidal!

Tonight, I'm going to bed early.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, house of the deranged and perfectly... uh... ranged. Arranged? Reranged? Freeranged?

Need more coffee.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, murderous people.

I so know that feeling. For the past month, (<-- Oxford Style Guide comma) I've been editing a book for one of our local universities. It's a compilation of papers written by students who took part in the #FeesMustFall protest movement last year and it's been a headache (expletive deleted) of epic proportions. Apart from the fact that they're trying to design everything about the book, from the cover to the font to the layout, by committee, they don't seem to understand what the words 'final copy' mean. Just when I've finished editing all of the chapters, I'll get an email that reads: "Here are the new, updated versions of chapters 4, 11, 12 and 17." Of course, there's no 'track changes' so, we have to start all over again. And again. And again. :Headbang:

It's okay. I'm fine out here on the ledge. Really. :D

So, how's your day shaping up? :D

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
:hi:

I just survived another episode of "The girl is trying to kill me." Also known as exercise. Or boot camp.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
By the way, you scared my mom with the last one. She's not afraid of clowns so much as she thought I was trying to do a real carnival. She thought it was nonfiction. :ROFL:

GailD

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:hi:

I just survived another episode of "The girl is trying to kill me." Also known as exercise. Or boot camp.

*is totally impressed*

I exercised this morning, too. I ran round the block. Then I kicked the block back under the bed.

I know.

All this awesomeness is utterly daunting.

:roll:

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon, work-out experts. I just got back from lunch (okay, two hours ago) at a beautiful Chinese restaurant with less-than-stellar food. I'm disappointed. I was really looking forward to something yummy but this didn't deliver.

Duchessmary--I feel your pain.

Gail--I also feel your pain. Running around a block can be hard work. Next time, just jump over it.

HJ--I don't feel your pain because I am lazy and out of shape. I would wind up in the hospital if I tried to keep up with you and your daughter, I'm quite sure.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
HJ--I don't feel your pain because I am lazy and out of shape. I would wind up in the hospital if I tried to keep up with you and your daughter, I'm quite sure.

It gets worse. After the kids go to school I typically work out a second time. Recently the guys at the kids' MMA have taken an interest in my workout routine (bless their hearts), resulting in trying something new this morning. After falling over laughing twice, I decided that new is awful. I'm going back to my own routine. Who needs six pack abs?!

GailD

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Recently the guys at the kids' MMA have taken an interest in my workout routine (bless their hearts), resulting in trying something new this morning.

Aaah. Is this where they need to put their arms around you to 'show' you how to operate the exercise equipment? 'Support' your hips while you reach up for those monkey-bar type things? Awww. Such sweeties. :)

Good morning, workers-out.

We have another loooong weekend. Today is Freedom Day - sort of like your July 4th but without the fireworks. My hubby has taken tomorrow off and then Monday (May 1st) is also a public holiday - Worker's Day - our version of Labor Day. I've got so many things that need doing around the house, it might take me 'til Monday to decide where to start. :ROFL:

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Aaah. Is this where they need to put their arms around you to 'show' you how to operate the exercise equipment? 'Support' your hips while you reach up for those monkey-bar type things? Awww. Such sweeties. :)

Men are so helpful, aren't they? And they always behave!

We have another loooong weekend. Today is Freedom Day - sort of like your July 4th but without the fireworks. My hubby has taken tomorrow off and then Monday (May 1st) is also a public holiday - Worker's Day - our version of Labor Day. I've got so many things that need doing around the house, it might take me 'til Monday to decide where to start. :ROFL:

Have fun! Who needs to work around the house? Take a day to goof off without guilt!

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
I sort of, kind of exercised today. I took my dog for a walk. It's only two miles. But it's a lot of hills, so you know, that's almost exercise.

I'm a little sad I missed the murderous people meeting. I was in that mood a few days ago because I do not like hearing I'm not good enough. I have rarely had to hear it. As an adult, I should be hardened to it by now, but I just don't fail. I am not accustomed to it. I do it well or not at all, which has lead to a lot of quitting things. So I need to put on my big-girl panties, suck it up, and keep going.

Funny story, I worked in an office of all women and our boss gave us all "big-girl" panties one year for Christmas to hint to some of the employees that not everything is personal and we need to act like adults and move on. It was hilarious. Hmm, I think I still have them somewhere. I actually wore them over my clothes on a particularly challenging day at work.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, House of Exercisers.

My job is my workout. I may not have washboard abs, but it keeps me trim. Even if I wanted to workout, I'm too tired after work to do much of anything other than rest.