• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Ragnarok Publications / Per Aspera Press

az shea

Copy editor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aszanoni.blogspot.com
I didn't find this press on AW either, and I can't check P&E... :(

Per Aspera Press (founded in 2003) was added to RP as their SF imprint in 2015. Press release here.

FYI, Per Aspera published Shannon Page and Jay Lake's Our Lady of the Islands in 2014. Their own Twitter looks dead [and I'd think an imprint would keep Tweeting, but hey]. Ragnarok only lists two sf books under Per Aspera.

Anyone have any news, as author, customer, and/or freelancer, to report?

Thanks!

az shea

Copy editor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aszanoni.blogspot.com
Ragnarok Publications

Sorry all, I have Googled and used the AW search, and still do not find this. Even in the index.

Ragnarok Publications

This publisher changed to only soliciting stories in 2016.

Angelic Knight Press is the only index listing on AW for RP, and that is probably because Ragnarok acquired AKP as its horror imprint in Dec. 2014. (They added Per Aspera as their SF imprint in 2015, and I've started a thread for that as well.)

Per their about page, they signed Django Wexler, who is with Roc via Penguin Random.

Anyone had any interactions -- good, bad, or otherwise -- with RP?

Thanks!

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Painful. Wishing their authors the best.

williemeikle

The force is strong in this one.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
Ragnarok's new management just announced they've cancelled a ton of books and author contracts. I don't have a dog in the race but this has hit a few people I know pretty hard, as they were still aquiring new books barely a month ago.

https://www.ragnarokpub.com/single-post/2017/11/15/Changes-at-Ragnarok

A friend of a friend had a new two book deal with them, and only found out it was cancelled when he heard this news on Facebook -- no email, no nothing That's shoddy behavior.

CameronJohnston

Great Old One
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cameronjohnston.net
A friend of a friend had a new two book deal with them, and only found out it was cancelled when he heard this news on Facebook -- no email, no nothing That's shoddy behavior.

Ugh, that is worse than shoddy, it's downright disrespectful. I can imagine the sickening, sinking feeling that caused.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site now reads:

Ragnarok Publications has closed it's doors.

As of 2018, Ragnarok Publications has been absorbed into it's parent company, Outland Entertainment.

For any news or info about our publications, please visit www.outlandentertainment.com.

We appreciate all your support over the years and we look forward to continuing the tradition of publishing amazing genre fiction!

Thanks!

At Outland (which took over in Feb '17) we're informed Ragnarok closed due to "too much negative press".