• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

looking for writing buddy—let's get our first draft done together!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltraViolette

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, and have come here looking for a writing buddy, or accountability partner! I write upmarket fiction, some magical realism, and I'm looking to swap chapters with someone as we write them—let's help each other get that first draft done! I thrive on feedback as I write, and find it really keeps me motivated. I have an agent and I'm on sub right now. I'm trying to focus on a new wip and it hasn't been easy.

I'm open to critiquing most kinds of fiction, and read all kinds of genres as long as the writing is somewhat literary-leaning. I really don't have experience with fantasy stuff that has elves, fairies, dragons, etc. Though I write for the adult market, I think I'd do a good job critiquing YA. I always try to respond fast, and would like my writing buddy to be responsive as well. I like to critique and be critiqued in the 'compliment sandwich' style.

My weaknesses are plotting and pacing (though I'd like to think I'm improving. I can point out other people's plotting and pacing issues, it's more issues with my own writing), and cody editing. My strengths are in characterization, imagery, language, and sentence flow (I'm a published poet).

Please DM if interested! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.