Paying for editorial services

JeanGenie

Such a Greenie
Registered
Reaction score
This may be the wrong place to ask, in which case I would be grateful if you point me to the correct thread:)

What I'm wondering is: do anyone have any recommended editors? I'd like to pay one to have a look at my script, but I don't know where to start. There is one advertising on the top of the AW-page, but I don't know if it's any good.

HELP! :p

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
If you look in the Publishing Resources room you'll find a few recommendations, but much depends on your genre and how you want to proceed.

RightHoJeeves

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
I'd also say you largely get what you pay for, so don't cheap out. Be prepared to pay professional rates :Thumbs:

snc84

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if it's too late, but I found my editor(a few actually, which a I contacted, and decided on one, but all were great) from a list on Joanna Penn's website, TheCreativePenn.com, under the resources for authors page. She has vetted them all, but like anything, you should interview and use careful judgement before signing any contract with anyone. I was very satisfied with the woman I chose for copy editing of my first novel and actually holding on to another for developmental editing on my second novel.