• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Python Publishing

PandaNinja

Panda loves ninjas~
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't seen a thread of this publisher on here yet, if there is one, sorry for the double thread.

I believe this is a new publisher. It was brought to my attention by a friend who submitted to them. I'm curious to know if anyone knows anything about them?

http://www.pythonpublishing.com

Last edited:

JulianneQJohnson

Ferret Herder
Registered
Reaction score
Website
julianneqjohnson.com
I'll start by saying that I have no personal experience with this group. I went to the website and I see some red flags. There is very little actual information on the site. It's quite sparse. They seem to have a group of people "we are a community of authors, editors, readers, and artists, to name a few." but, they have absolutely nothing posted about anyone having any publishing experience or contacts. They say nothing of authors they've worked with or books they've published. They have a rather unfortunate name, so it is hard to find them online. After some searching I would have to say that they have very little web presence at all. This has all the signs of being a group of people who have no experience in publishing who have banded together to make a small publishing company. I personally will not be submitting to them. Of course, the above is my personal opinion based on what I have seen from their website. I have no actual knowledge of this company.

That's all I could deduct from a tour of their website and some google searching. Perhaps someone with access to Publishers Marketplace can tell us if they've sold anything and to who.

PandaNinja

Panda loves ninjas~
Registered
Reaction score
I noticed that while looking on their website there wasn't any mention of published books or authors, unless I didn't look deep enough.

fornickels

Registered
Reaction score
Panda did your friend ever hear back from her/his submission? Would love to know more.
They only joined Twitter in Dec 2016 so I think your guess at them being a new publisher is correct

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
According to Companies House, Martin Prescott (Director of Operations) and Dean Ritchie (Creative Director) were appointed on 24th November 2016. Python Publishing's address, 35-37 Ludgate Hill, London, sounds quite prestigious - until you discover that it's a virtual office/mail forwarding address shared with 433 other companies.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Our % share model...

50% AUTHOR

50% PYTHON PUBLISHING

30% Company
15% editors, artists, cover designers and other affiliates.
5% Community Fund

The 5% Community Fund will be divided between all active and contributing members.*
*Eligibility criteria and terms and conditions apply.

As a member of Python Publishing you will be welcomed into a family of creatives.

There's that "family" thing again.

We currently only accept completed works of fiction aimed at readers of all ages and interests.
https://www.pythonpublishing.com

This includes poetry, for which there is virtually no market, and anthologies, which are also poor sellers. The Community Fund won't be awash with money from these books.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site gone. No sign they published anything.