Nintendo Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cernex

Registered
Reaction score
So, Nintendo just revealed its new console. (For the people that missed it, here's the link of the reveal event in full)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTDPfkHGk3Q

So, thoughts?

I think that the concept of the console itself is nice. I have little issue with the price of the system or the joycons, considering all the tech it has (although the price of the pro control is indeed a bit too high if you ask me). The fact that they're going to start charging for online is a bit saddening, but everyone is doing it so it was kind of unavoidable. Overall, I liked it.

Is it a Day 1 purchase, tho'? Hahaha, no. The day 1 lineup as it is simply isn't worth it. Sure, the Zelda looks fantastic... but it is coming to the Wii U too (which I already own). Sure, it won't look as flashy, but the gameplay is there already. I'm ok with playing the Wii U version instead. The rest of the titles are simply not interesting enough to make it a Day 1 purchase.

That was what I thinking during the event itself as I watched it... UNTIL they announced Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Lucky me, that ain't coming out for quite some time, so I can wait. But yeah, after Xeno 2 is out (possibly a bit before, considering some nice games are indeed coming out relatively early), this is a must for me. Maybe during the July/August period. That's the plan at this current time, of course. It can easily change depending on what they announce.

Wolfalisk

Registered
Reaction score
My takeaway is that there is no major reason to purchase a Nintendo Switch until 6-18 months after release. Hardcore Nintendo fans probably have Wii U's and can purchase the new Zelda on that. The Mario game needed to be a launch title. Regardless, as it stands, I believe we're looking at a Wii U 2.0 in terms of there not really being a reason to own the console until about a year out when major titles begin releasing.

I suspect we will be seeing Nintendo games on our Playstations and Xboxes next generation if you catch my meaning.

Cernex

Registered
Reaction score
Not sure if I see Nintendo games coming out on other consoles, and I do see Nintendo at least TRYING REALLY HARD right now to get third party games to keep the line-up interesting until the good exclusives come out. For the rest, yeah, pretty much my thoughts exactly. I do think 18 months might be a bit too long waiting time, however.

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
PSA: If you have a Nintendo Switch, do not put any skins on it! It was discovered by dbrand that the coating on the Switch (both console and controllers) is very delicate and the adhesives will permanently damage it.

Latina Bunny

Lover of Contemporary/Fantasy Romance (she/her)
Registered
Reaction score
While it looks good so far, I am a bit tired of the Nintendo first-party games (Zelda, Mario, etc) at the moment, and I have rarely finished any of them, plus my family has already spent money on a Wii U (PS4 and Xbox1), so I will wait to see what third party games will be arriving to the system in the upcoming months.

I'm waiting for games like Shin Megami Tensei, Fire Emblem, Story of Seasons, and, maybe, just maybe, an English translated Inazuma Eleven game before I can start seriously considering this new Ninendo system.

For now, I am going to wait and see. I was not excited by another Zelda game as I have lots of older Zelda games to finish in my lifetime, and that's enough for me right now with my busy schedule.

I would want to see different games outside of the usual Nintendo-staples stuff. (Pikmin was pretty different and awesome, for example. :) )

ETA: I already have a PS4, XBox1, and 3DS XL (original 3DS XL, not the upgraded "New" one) and, of course, a PC, so the Switch really needs to have some interesting games to win me over, basically.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.