[RESOLVED] Apple Time Machine wackiness - am I missing something?

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've recently upgraded my Mac mini to a newer model and I need a smidge of help. Just before I got the newer mini, I backed it up along with an external drive. Once I set up the new mini, I transferred everything from the external drive to a new, larger one and erased the first drive. I've realized that there were a few files on the first drive I'd saved on a previous back up to my Time Capsule drive and would like to recover them (no big deal if I can't. Just some JPG photos I might be able to find on other sources online but nothing truly earth shattering). I'm having some trouble connecting to the first external drive in Time Machine because I think it's because I haven't run a formal first back up on the new mini (I think) so I'm wondering will I have to set up the old mini again and pull everything back in that way?

Last edited:

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know but I had a hard time restoring files from Time Machine after it partitioned the backups when I changed computers. I had to go into Time Machine, and and don't recall exactly (my son helped) to find the partitioned back ups. That's to the best of my knowledge anyway.