Carrying Over Amazon Reviews

mlred

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,
My publisher went out of business and I was given my rights back. I am considering republishing the novel through Amazon KDP (self publish) but under a different title and pen name (long story as to why). If I do that, will Amazon link the two books so the reviews carry over? The novel has a 4.5 rating and 25 reviews (that were not easy to get). I realize this probably isn't possible but figured I would ask just in case. It's the exact same book (with a few minor tweaks) only the author name, title, and ISBN would be different.

Thank you for your help.

WriterBN

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.k-doyle.com
All three identifiers (title, author name and--most importantly--ISBN) are different, so I really doubt that Amazon will port over the reviews. You could contact them and ask, though.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Amazon can cope with a single title having a different ISBN for each different format or edition, because that's how it's done. But if it also has a different author name or title that's a step or two too far. You have to have those things the same for reviews to be linked across, as far as I understand it.

mlred

Registered
Reaction score
In case anyone is in the same boat looking for the answer... Amazon will carry the book reviews over even if the author name and title are different than the first edition. Email them both author names and ISBNs and the will link the reviews to the newer edition.

mlred

Registered
Reaction score
I went through regular customer service email on the KDP page