Julian January - 500 words/day or editing - all genres welcome

M Louise

Registered
Reaction score
This year, I've tried a new writing routine after early meditation for 40+ minutes. I get back into bed with coffee and a notebook, sit and make up word lists, draw maps, invent bits of dialogue. Some of it is usable, some not. But when I do get to my desk after a shower and breakfast, distracted by phone calls, dogs barking for biscuits etc, I have something to look at and often those little ideas work well to get me writing. I'm useless after 4pm so need all the dawn inspiration I can get!

1 700 words done, into the second chapter.

Brechin Frost

Registered
Reaction score
I finished a chapter tonight but I don't have a word count for because I forgot to mark where I stopped last time but I'm certain that I've written more than 500.

Last edited:

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
Another 984 words this morning. I am working on the Arctic horror WIP and I have decided that it would be better setting it in November rather than July, because in winter the Arctic is permanently dark and it will be creepier, and I want to go for 'creepy' in this book. Logistically it causes problems for the story, but hey, I can fix it in the rewrite...

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
I have had four consecutive early morning pre-dayjob writing sessions this week. 824 more words this morning.

I have now exceeded by target of 3000 words a week by 500. :)

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Y'all are amazing. :e2cheer:

Not gonna lie: I've been miserably unproductive. I'm stuck on a chapter, and I'm beginning to think it's because it's the wrong one. I may break an earlier chapter into two pieces, and try the events of this one again in a different POV. Do I have time to do this? Sure! A couple of days. No problem. :Hammer:

I did have an "aha" moment for the story I'm synopsizing without writing, though. Might give it more cohesion than it's had. Would be nice if I got to write it at some point. :D

DarienW

Registered
Reaction score
Here you guys are, LOL! haven't bumped into you yet. Looks like lots of progress--good work, shara and everyone.

I've been revamping my nano project--finally--after a bouts of editing on the other ones. Overall I'm happy with it, but I'm taking some plot points that happened later and moving them up into other scenes.

Word count---bwahahaha!!! The more I add, the more I take away, but I'm glad to be working through what I couldn't during nano, where every word was precious--LOL!!!

I will be reaching a point where the rest will be bogus, that's gonna be a painful chop, but I'm looking forward to just writing and not doing all this heavy thinking, and cutting, and pasting! It's not exactly tedious, but kind of!

Happy Writing!

:)

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning all! 900 words achieved in this morning's writing session. And I actually went to sit in a different coffee shop than usual - what recklessness! Since I swapped my old NetBook for a Linx tablet to write I don't need power sockets so much, but I'm a creature of habit so I kept on going to the same Starbucks. This time I tried Café Nero, which is closer to the tube station and has more tables to sit at. As long as there is tea and breakfast muffins to consume, I can adapt to a different writing location.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
:cheers all progress:

I'm still working on that editing job, and still sleep deprived. I should be able to finish the editing in a few days, and then I can switch over to my WIP again. Is it me, or has this month dragged by?

Brechin Frost

Registered
Reaction score
Yesterday I got 2469 words.
Today, so far, only 407 -- but tonight, I'll probably get another 1000 written, we'll see.

Also, Go Team!

DarienW

Registered
Reaction score
My words are dissolving before my eyes! No matter what I add, the count has been dissolving . . . Good news is I'm finally at the end I want to add. And yay, tonight I got 1144. Really strong words too, I still don't know what to think of them . . .

Go team! Keep up the good work!

:hooray:

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
500 words this morning - not great, but it took me to the end of a chapter and I need to think a bit about where I am in the next one.

However, the MS on the whole is now over 9000 words. Which isn't bad considering I only started it this month!

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Oh, hi, everyone! Slacker here. :)

Got my edits back on Book 3 today. Not too bad, actually, and he said he liked the book. :D The worst will be some timeline fixes at the end. (How long did I spend with that timeline already?? Argh.) He wants it back by the 10th, so I will be busy for a couple of weeks.

The world notwithstanding, I still have deadlines. It'll be fun staying focused.

Silva

saucy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
For all the squeeing about being 2/3rds of the way through my writing goal a couple weeks ago, it appears I have found the impenetrable fog of uncertainty over these last couple of weeks. Wordcount goal is looking dubious; I figure if I can make it to 1,000 words tonight then maybe, but otherwise....

*cracks knuckles*

*pinches nose shut*

*dives in*

Brechin Frost

Registered
Reaction score
I wrote 800 words so far tonight, but I work late into the night, so I should have closer to 1500 by the time I go to bed. Tomorrow night, I want to be nearly done the 3000 words required of me.

M Louise

Registered
Reaction score
About 700 words done but stuck at the end of the third chapter. Something doesn't feel right and my plotting skills on this fiction are abysmal.

February will be better and I love reading back through this thread and seeing others moving forward No Matter What!

Brechin Frost

Registered
Reaction score
I wrote a 3000 word short story two days ago.

500 words of another thing yesterday. And today, I've managed to work on my Sci-Fi book a little bit; however, everything I've written has been in third person and I find myself missing the intimacy of first person.