• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] Pulse, LLC

RosalieStanton

Heathen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rosaliestanton.com
I was contacted by an author with Pulse who found my contact info here.

They report they aren’t receiving royalties and the CEO (Marcus Harris) isn’t responding to emails, phone calls, or certified mail.

The same author contacted the BBB to report their experience and was informed that the business is closed, though the website is still up.

AndrewBurt

Registered
Reaction score
The same author contacted the BBB to report their experience and was informed that the business is closed, though the website is still up.

I was just contacted by Marcus Harris, "founder and CEO of Pulse, a thriving independent publishing firm," seeking a "partnership between Pulse and Critters" [the writers' workshop], "through which we can provide publishing opportunities for your authors and their works." Doesn't sound like their business is closed...

eqb

I write novels
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.claireodell.com
I was just contacted by Marcus Harris, "founder and CEO of Pulse, a thriving independent publishing firm," seeking a "partnership between Pulse and Critters" [the writers' workshop], "through which we can provide publishing opportunities for your authors and their works." Doesn't sound like their business is closed...

If they are open, they still don't look like a viable choice for authors, given the reports about non payment and lack of communication. That they will not accept submissions from agented authors is another red flag.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Social/publishing activity resumed Jan '18.