Helix, you've got me interested in your Indonesian selections. I know so little about that part of the world. I tend to lump it in with Asia (which I still know little about), but I'm sure I would be completely surprised at how different it is.

I will probably finish White Trash: The 400-Year Untold Story of Class in America today. A more descriptive subtitle I think would be "How People Have Perceived the American Lower Class." I was expecting Isenberg to go deeper into what the lower classes experience and their culture. She rarely goes beyond describing the stereotypes laid on them by the upper classes and media. White trash who've "done well," such as Elvis Presley and the occasional governor or senator, are mentioned in passing but there isn't (yet) any discussion of what it was like for them. You know, that's what's missing: accounts of the lower classes speaking for themselves. Shoot, there isn't even a discussion of America's most famous white trash fiction protagonist: Huckleberry Finn. That book is all about social classes.