What Is Your 2017 Writing Resolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
Get more disciplined about my publication schedule. I'm trying to juggle a few different pseudonyms and that will only work if I'm able to keep public awareness of each alive via regular publication. Right now I've got five releases from one pseudonym scheduled for the first five months of the year, and after that, nothing. And for another pseudonym I've got two books at the contract-acceptance stage, but those won't be out until late in this year or maybe early next year, and that name hasn't had anything come out since last summer, and... bad.

I need to get things spaced out better. That's my resolution.

forbirdsandtea

Registered
Reaction score
I'd like to turn my writing more inward. The whole "Write what you know", whether through fiction or non-fiction.

V.J. Allison

Sunny with a Side of Evilness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vjallison.com
I'd like to finish the one draft I'm working on and get it sent to my betas, after a ton of polishing and revisions.

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
1. Edit my WIP (YA Contemp), have it beta-read, and send to agent by the end of March at the latest.
2. Do 3 chapters and synopsis of Sooper Sekrit Project by end of March. Have it beta-read and polished and send to agent by end of April.
3. Write first draft of next book by end of June.

Gonna stop there for now cause who knows what'll happen. Life has a tendency of getting in the way...but I think those are reasonable goals for now! :)

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
To close the door (literally)--no interruptions-- and get into the characters' emotions. It's one thing that's been missing for these last several years. I need the reader to empathize. I need the reader to feel a range of emotions. I need to feel the emotions of each and every character.

Maybe I'll get a lock on the door.

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
For the first time in almost forty years, I have no writing resolutions. Every contract has been fulfilled, every editor has been satisfied, and I am not officially retired.

If I write anything from now on, it will be some work that has no planned commercial value, that is not a leading candidate from a contract, and that may never be read by anyone but me. It will be one of those works that always took a back burner to something that paid more, or something so strange it will never sell, or even make sense.

It may be nothing at all. I love fishing, hunting, and all forms of shooting. I love wandering around in the wilderness with nowhere to be, and no rush to get there. It's a nice feeling.

Jade Rothwell

rolling dice
Registered
Reaction score
Finish the rough draft of a novel. Preferably the novel I've started, but if I end up abandoning it for whatever reason (I don't think I will, but life happens) then some other novel. I just want a rough draft, completed, on my USB, by December 31st. I've done NaNo, so it'll definitely be possible. I just have to keep up with writing every day or so, and make sure I stick with it. NaNo's easy, because it's a short burst. I want to spend a long time on this, and make something really good. Or, at least, as good as a first real novel could be.

Neyla

Registered
Reaction score
1. Finish my full-time distance writing-course.
2. Finish plotting my overly-ambitious trilogy.
3. Write first draft of first part of said trilogy.
4. Take vacation and read.

Sara K.

Registered
Reaction score
1. Write 6 short stories
2. Write 6 blog posts
3. Write 2 articles
4. Apply for 2 writing workshops

Cascada

Registered
Reaction score
Finish my science fiction novel, survive the editing phase, live to tell the story, and somehow get it published!

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Finish the novel I've been hung up on for a year or so now, which is about 95% done, and will then need a serious edit/cutting. It is currently about 123,.000 words, needs maybe 5-10,000 more words to fill in the difficult gap I have, and then I need to trim about 25% of it.

And then query it.

Which will drive me into a deep depression.

caw

Status
Not open for further replies.