The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So far this weekend:

Story submissions: 1

Words edited: 2,500

Welcome to the WPR, I hope yo'll become a regular updater.

Words Edited 2,500-:hooray::hooray::hooray:

Submissions 1-:snoopy::snoopy::snoopy:

Jade Rothwell

rolling dice
Registered
Reaction score
(hi guys! new to this section of the forum. nice to meet anyone I haven't met. I'm guessing my total is everything monday onward? since the weekend updates are friday-sunday...)

fiction written: 1600 words

I rewrote bits and pieces of a 1300 short film script, following suggestions from the crew.

also wrote a lot of tweets and blog posts

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
(hi guys! new to this section of the forum. nice to meet anyone I haven't met. I'm guessing my total is everything monday onward? since the weekend updates are friday-sunday...)

fiction written: 1600 words

I rewrote bits and pieces of a 1300 short film script, following suggestions from the crew.

also wrote a lot of tweets and blog posts

2900 words-:Clap::Clap::Clap:

blog posts-:partyguy::partyguy::partyguy:

Don't forget next time to give the number of blog posts.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
thanks guys!

problem is I post A LOT and mostly on twitter. so I'm not sure how to keep track.

Tweets aren't counted for the weekly word count. Blog posts, and manuscript pages are.

Yay! 553 word blog post, ready to post!

Hold that word count and blog post until this Fri. You can post that along with everything else you've written this week then.

Jade Rothwell

rolling dice
Registered
Reaction score
Tweets aren't counted for the weekly word count. Blog posts, and manuscript pages are.

ah ok. most of mine won't count then, because I mostly tweet or write short blog posts. only write long ones when I'm ranting about something

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
ah ok. most of mine won't count then, because I mostly tweet or write short blog posts. only write long ones when I'm ranting about something

Any blog post counts regardless of length.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are the guidelines for posting in the WPR.

Welcome to all Weekend Updaters, past, present and future. Yes, it's a new thread for a new year!

To refresh for those long-time Progress Reporters and to clarify for all the new ones -- we're here to help you achieve your goals by being the place where you're accountable, being a cheering section, the shoulder to cry on, the folks who say those people who rejected you are fools, FOOLS, and they'll rue the day, the folks who cheer wildly when you get an acceptance, and so on.

The "Rules" for posting here are pretty simple.

1. You don't have to write humor to post here -- any writer writing in any or all genres can post here. But you can be funny if you want. We're all over the funny.

2. Every weekend, starting on Friday and ending on Sunday, we post the progress we've made with our various writing careers. This includes whatever you consider part of your career -- writing, editing, submitting, critiquing, promotion, brainstorming, research, etc. It's your career, it's up to you.

3. How to report? Give us your word count for the week, your submissions for the week, the number of words you edited during the week, any acceptances garnered, and anything else you did to move your career forward. It's that simple.

4. Since many writers are also artists and musicians, we count art- and music-related progress as well, as long as it's also part of your overall career.

5. The WPR Dominatrix (that's me) hands out virtual prizes and encouragements and so forth. We occasionally have a Guest Dominatrix just because.

6. There are prizes for: The most words written in a week; the most submissions for the week; the most words edited for the week; the first to report each Friday; and the last to come in late (we don't encourage competition for this one!); the exciting news of the week (like acceptances, media coverage, getting paid, etc.)

7. What counts for submissions? Anything where your piece could be rejected. Blogs count for word count, but not for submission, UNLESS your blog can (really and truly) be rejected by someone else other than yourself, aka an actual editor/boss. When posting, be sure to make the distinction for a rejectable blog, so it can count in your submissions tally for the week.

8. Remember that being accountable helps achieve goals. We encourage updates even when someone hasn't done anything or anything much. The act of reporting IS an important step, and we want to hear from you, even if it's to say you achieved squat for the week.

9. Yes, if you drift away and come back there are no penalties. This is a support thread, not your job or your mom. Therefore, it's up to you how frequently you update. Studies have shown that being accountable is a huge factor in success (seriously, and we are not making this up), but it's all down to you, and we will not be down ON you.

Still confused about how it works? Check out the 2015 & 2016 threads for examples.

Welcome to 2017, let's make this the Year of the Updaters and really achieve those career goals!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Keeping track of everything I do for my writing is actually pretty inspiring. I'm going to have quite a list to put up this week.

:yessmiley This is just what we're hoping for.

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
This is my weekend, actually. Thus far, I've gotten my blog updated, and I've been editing. I'm pretty sure I've got one story where I want it and ready to submit. In fact, I hope to submit it tomorrow. The other one I'm working on needs more attention. I working on it tonight and I'll keep at it until it's ready.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This is my weekend, actually. Thus far, I've gotten my blog updated, and I've been editing. I'm pretty sure I've got one story where I want it and ready to submit. In fact, I hope to submit it tomorrow. The other one I'm working on needs more attention. I working on it tonight and I'll keep at it until it's ready.

WelcometotheWPR

Blogging-:partyguy::partyguy::partyguy:

Editing :hooray::hooray::hooray:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay Horror Hounds it's time for this week's awards.

Nanner-Saoirse

:banana::banana::banana:

nanner_zpsje5ovst8.jpg

Word Count-Jade A 2,900

:Jump::Jump::Jump:

word%20count_zpstcashllw.jpg

Words Edited-Shaun Horton 2,500

:e2writer::e2writer::e2writer:

editing_zpso2d8arnt.jpg

Submissions-Shaun Horton 1

:e2cheer::e2cheer::e2cheer:

submissions_zps8wwvv6zn.jpg

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, new updaters. Haggis will be moving us to a new haunt tomorrow. I expect you all to come back and update, with words written, edited and number of blog posts, submissions etc. See you tomorrow :hi:

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Hang on, kids. It's time for this bus to move to a different subforum.

How about...Office Party?

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings Office Partiers. This is the always awesome Weekend Progress Report. We're here to encourage you to join us in updating your writing progress each week. You can win spiffy smilies and ribbons. If you read up a few posts to post 59, you'll see the rules from updating. Have it and welcome.

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
Okay! It's Friday, time for an update on what I got done over the past week.

553 word blog post.

2500 words edited

cover art commissioned

1 submission

170 new words down. (Could have been so much more, but a friend of mine is renting his house out to another friend, so I was first helping the homeowner move out, then helping the renter move in....blah blah blah....whew....long week.)

Jade Rothwell

rolling dice
Registered
Reaction score
Okay Horror Hounds it's time for this week's awards.

Word Count-Jade A 2,900

:Jump::Jump::Jump:

word%20count_zpstcashllw.jpg

:Wha: I..........won? whaaaaaaaaaaaat :thankyou: thank you!

this week's new words: 1593

edited: 1483

I hadn't realized I did this much lately. *feels proud*

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay! It's Friday, time for an update on what I got done over the past week.

553 word blog post.

2500 words edited

cover art commissioned

1 submission

170 new words down. (Could have been so much more, but a friend of mine is renting his house out to another friend, so I was first helping the homeowner move out, then helping the renter move in....blah blah blah....whew....long week.)

Nanner-:banana::banana::banana:

723 words-:Clap::Clap::Clap:

2500 words edited-:hooray::hooray::hooray:

1 cover commission-:Sun::Sun::Sun:

1 submission-:snoopy::snoopy::snoopy:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just submitted two short stories. Both have never been sent before and both were to paying markets. While one wasn't to the magazine I wanted to send it to, I found one just as good, and got it fired off.

And now I wait and write some more.

2 submissions-:snoopy::snoopy::snoopy:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:Wha: I..........won? whaaaaaaaaaaaat :thankyou: thank you!

this week's new words: 1593

edited: 1483

I hadn't realized I did this much lately. *feels proud*

1593 words-:Clap::Clap::Clap:

1483 words edited-:hooray::hooray::hooray:

Status
Not open for further replies.