• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Anyone else in final stages of editing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thisiskortny5

Registered
Reaction score
I have already had four beta readers go over my manuscript, so right now I am in the final stages of editing. I'm looking for someone who would like to swap stories who is also at the final stages. What I'm wanting is for someone to read through it and give me their overall opinion on the story. I don't need any line by line edits, unless there is something that stands out to you and you want to comment on it.

What it's about:

Adult Contemporary. It’s the story of sixteen-year-old Phoebe Jansen, who’s in search for something other than the typical dull summers with her callous friend. It’s 1994, and an older boy introduces Phoebe to an enthralling group of people—the ones who’ve been rumored to dance on graves and even perform sacrificial ceremonies. It isn't the group that draws Phoebe in, but the alluring redhead, Petra Byers—a deceptively intuitive and manipulative girl who gives Phoebe the exciting summer she’s yearned for.

With Phoebe’s imperfect home life—a mom who’s more interested in herself rather than being a mother—Phoebe becomes captivated by these people who have made her believe she’s someone with value. She experiments with her new life of sex and drugs, and learns how to perform "spells" of love, protection, and healing. When one of the girls in the group commits suicide, there’s an unnerving shift in balance around Petra's house. Phoebe wonders if Petra isn't the advocator of peace and love like she has so strongly portrayed, but Phoebe’s obsession with this new group has propelled to such an unmanageable height, she’s blinded to the potential dangers ahead.

If this sounds like something you would normally read, please let me know. I'm looking for someone who will actually be into the story and not just someone who wants to swap and get feedback on their own work. I don't think we can help each other if we're not interesting in what we are reading!

What I like to read:
Crime/Thrillers/Suspense etc. I LOVE Gillian Flynn. I love Literary Fiction, like Emma Cline's The Girls. If there are dark elements to your story I'll probably love it.

What I don't read:
Science Fiction/Fantasy or typical love stories (nothing wrong with these, just not my thing)

Status
Not open for further replies.