Short Story Vending Machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Clever! I remember a similar plan for small artworks, that could fit into a cigarette-package-sized box, to be dispensed from old cigarette vending machines.
The short story vending machine sounds like just the thing for transit stations, or any places where people are stuck in lines.

anakhouri79

Registered
Reaction score
What a great idea! I don't think I would like reading on a receipt-sized piece of paper, but if the choice is reading on a receipt or not at all, I'll take the receipt!

Yportne

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, what a user-friendly invention. And free! Being able to choose the story length is a great idea too. Like many people, I've embraced e-readers and other paperless media, but I still go to my city library and revel in the pleasure of turning pages in a "real" book.

Jason

Ideas bounce around in my head
Registered
Reaction score
This is so cool! I could see this in Denver too! While the benefit of a paper printed story is the whole point over the screen of your mobile device, I could totally see this as a subscription service for readers everywhere! I'd pay $5 a moth for that! :)

Taylor Harbin

Power to the pen!
Registered
Reaction score
This is so cool! I could see this in Denver too! While the benefit of a paper printed story is the whole point over the screen of your mobile device, I could totally see this as a subscription service for readers everywhere! I'd pay $5 a moth for that! :)

I think it'd work best in places with the most public transport. I live in rural Missouri, so...yeah. I hear Francis Ford Coppola owns one at his cafe in SF.

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
I'd prefer an e-book sent to my phone if I were traveling (all that wasted paper!), but it's a neat idea.

No paper with fiction on it is wasted, and every tree used to make that paper died a noble death for a greater cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.