Free Internet Radio?

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Could someone recommend a decent free internet radio site for just listening? No sign-ins, no special software downloads, just click a few buttons/links and listen. Ads aren't a problem; I can Mute 'em if they annoy me.

Thanks!

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
Can you get BBC radio out there or is it geo blocked? I often hear listeners from the antipodes calling in to some shows so it must be available somehow.

Search radio 2 and click to listen live. Worth a try.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Can you get BBC radio out there or is it geo blocked? I often hear listeners from the antipodes calling in to some shows so it must be available somehow.

Search radio 2 and click to listen live. Worth a try.

All of their radio networks are available to listen to through a live stream. Just select the network you're interested in and there's a link to the BBC iPlayer on the homepage for the stream.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Also see if your local public library offers access to Freegal digital music.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In my opinion, nothing beats old fasioned broadcast radio. Even if the local news isn't local to me, I've not found an online source (no, not even with twenty stations on random on Pandora) to rival it. I have several I listen to online. Some let me stream in the same window, some have me download a little file to my desktop that opens in Media Player or VLC.

My faves:

WERA
WMSV
WXPN
KEXP
WFMU