'beta-launch' party? Stupid day-dream or actually a half-good idea?

J.Catherine

you call me Jen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jcatherine.com
During psychology day-dreaming the thought came to me that I love parties. Hosting, setting up, all the people...they're great! I also can't wait until my novel is ready to distribute to family and friends. Before the hunt for an agent and a publisher, after some experienced beta's have had a nosy at it (if I can find any), I could get some copies printed off of lulu and distribute them to the family and friends who are all begging to read it.

I want to have something half-decent to give to them (they underestimate how utterly shite my first drafts can be) and if I did it in a party setting I get to a, have a party, and b, really make an event of finishing the (5th? 4th?) draft. It'll give me some extra motivation I think.

So, is this a good idea? Is a beta, unpublished book to raw to be giving to family and friends in such an official fashion? Will people think it's over the top? Do you think it's over the top?

I'd like to get people's thoughts on this.

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
I love the idea of digital book launch parties, but in this situation I think it's very over the top. However, I'm also biased and I think using friends and family to beta an early draft is a really bad idea. You won't get the impartial feedback you need, and you'll feel crappy if you improve it a ton afterwards. And printing a copy from Lulu introduces a lot of ISBN complications -- you need to research this beforehand if you haven't already, if you assign it an ISBN it will look published to agents.

I'd save the celebrations until it's done. You're not done yet.

davidjgalloway

Opus is my guy.
Registered
Reaction score
Short answer: don't listen to anyone who argues why you shouldn't have a party. They're by definition terrible energy-suckers.

Why not? It's your life and your book. I'm sure you'll get some confused people, and you'll probably spend a fair portion of the night explaining, "no, it's not out yet, this is a beta version," and then explaining what a beta version is, but it sounds like this is more of a family/close friend thing anyway, so it's not like you'll confuse your massive future readership. And you're not asking them to buy it, so nobody will be offended when the real version is for sale.

You love writing, you love parties? Then this seems perfect. Go to it with a will.

------------
Edit: first line is not a criticism of Emaree! We posted simultaneously. I think those are good points, but if it's just your inner circle, I still say go for it. And I was assuming it was not a first draft, but a very near to complete version. Yes, as you get closer the whole rationale for a separate celebration probably becomes weaker and weaker, but I don't like the idea of squashing the joy in such a comparatively harmless endeavor.

Last edited:

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
It sounds like you're not planning on giving your friends and family copies to beta, but you're still giving them copies, and copies that aren't as good as they could be, either. I understand their eagerness to read your hard work, and I'm thrilled it sounds like you have a ton of support, but giving them copies now could make them less likely the buy the finished copy, or some may expect you to give them finished copies. It can lead to expectations you don't want. Printing off LuLu does bring up "is it published" complications as well, like EMaree said. I'd say just wait. Parties are great, but save it for the real launch party, or the "I got an agent" party or the "I got a publisher" party. You'll have plenty of reasons to party after the novel is really, really done.

Check out the beta forum here. You can probably get those experienced betas you want from here. :)

Lauram6123

Registered
Reaction score
I vote for a "I finished a draft of my book party" rather than a beta party. I agree with Emaree, in my experience, friends and family as betas isn't a good idea. Why?

Things can go awry. How are you going to feel when the super excited friend/relative who has been begging to get a hold of your book takes it and then never finishes it? People don't understand how soul crushing that can be to a writer. People have such good intentions, but when push comes to shove, they may not actually read the thing in a thoughtful way that can offer you helpful feedback.

Friends/family love you already and are often reluctant to give their completely honest, unbiased opinion about your story.

Non-writers often have no idea how to offer constructive feedback that can help you improve your manuscript.

Do you really want your friends and family to read an early version of your story? What if you write another, better draft? You'll be like, damn, this one is so much better, I can't believe I let people read that old version. And what if you sell your book? Now all your friends and family have read a version of your story that isn't as good as the professionally edited and published version. Are you going to ask them all to read it again?

So have the party. And promise a bigger, more awesome party when your book is really finished.

Last edited:

J.Catherine

you call me Jen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jcatherine.com
I love the idea of digital book launch parties, but in this situation I think it's very over the top. However, I'm also biased and I think using friends and family to beta an early draft is a really bad idea.

Is it an early draft? Is it not an early draft? I have no idea. Technically it's a 5th draft. But it's also a re-write. So I really have no clue. I just know that family/friends really want a read.

You won't get the impartial feedback you need, and you'll feel crappy if you improve it a ton afterwards.

Just to clarify, this will be once I've been through some people who actually know how to beta/read through. My family/friends don't. I won't really be looking for detailed feedback, more or less just a 'did you enjoy it' before I bite the bullet and start the long and hard journey to an agent.

And printing a copy from Lulu introduces a lot of ISBN complications -- you need to research this beforehand if you haven't already, if you assign it an ISBN it will look published to agents.

Printing off LuLu does bring up "is it published" complications as well, like EMaree said.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiit. Shit. Shit.

I printed my firstfirst drafts on lulu. It was set on private, no one else can get 'em. On a scale of 1-10, how much do I need to panic?

Short answer: don't listen to anyone who argues why you shouldn't have a party. They're by definition terrible energy-suckers.

Why not? It's your life and your book. I'm sure you'll get some confused people, and you'll probably spend a fair portion of the night explaining, "no, it's not out yet, this is a beta version," and then explaining what a beta version is, but it sounds like this is more of a family/close friend thing anyway, so it's not like you'll confuse your massive future readership. And you're not asking them to buy it, so nobody will be offended when the real version is for sale.

You love writing, you love parties? Then this seems perfect. Go to it with a will.

------------
Edit: first line is not a criticism of Emaree! We posted simultaneously. I think those are good points, but if it's just your inner circle, I still say go for it. And I was assuming it was not a first draft, but a very near to complete version. Yes, as you get closer the whole rationale for a separate celebration probably becomes weaker and weaker, but I don't like the idea of squashing the joy in such a comparatively harmless endeavor.

It will be very much inner circle. My aunt, my gran, my friend who I babysit for. Not even going near anyone who has any gravitas when it comes to publishing at all.

It sounds like you're not planning on giving your friends and family copies to beta, but you're still giving them copies, and copies that aren't as good as they could be, either. I understand their eagerness to read your hard work, and I'm thrilled it sounds like you have a ton of support, but giving them copies now could make them less likely the buy the finished copy, or some may expect you to give them finished copies. It can lead to expectations you don't want. Printing off LuLu does bring up "is it published" complications as well, like EMaree said. I'd say just wait. Parties are great, but save it for the real launch party, or the "I got an agent" party or the "I got a publisher" party. You'll have plenty of reasons to party after the novel is really, really done.

Check out the beta forum here. You can probably get those experienced betas you want from here. :)

Well, copies that are as good as they can be for my current ability at the moment. That ability isn't increasing anytime soon, and if the ability still isn't good enough for publishing, I'm decades away from publishing. Which I'm fine with I want this book to be good.

I've already learned the hard way when someone says 'Ooo yay I want to read it!", that's not fucking true. The party will be with people who I know would read it, and would be very close family members.

Also the family members are also probably getting free copies once the thing is published as well. It's family.

I'm nervous the 'really, really done' is a few decades away. A book related party once a decade won't burn people out, which was why I was thinking maybe a beta party now might work okay? If I'm not going to have another one for several years?

I vote for a "I finished a draft of my book party" rather than a beta party. I agree with Emaree, in my experience, friends and family as betas isn't a good idea. Why?

Things can go awry. How are you going to feel when the super excited friend/relative who has been begging to get a hold of your book takes it and then never finishes it? People don't understand how soul crushing that can be to a writer. People have such good intentions, but when push comes to shove, they may not actually read the thing in a thoughtful way that can offer you helpful feedback.

Friends/family love you already and are often reluctant to give their completely honest, unbiased opinion about your story.

Non-writers often have no idea how to offer constructive feedback that can help you improve your manuscript.

Do you really want your friends and family to read an early version of your story? What if you write another, better draft? You'll be like, damn, this one is so much better, I can't believe I let people read that old version. And what if you sell your book? Now all your friends and family have read a version of your story that isn't as good as the professionally edited and published version. Are you going to ask them all to read it again?

So have the party. And promise a bigger, more awesome party when your book is really finished.

Hah! Oh god I remember that...some of my relatives did that, some friends as well. It really crushed my confidence.

I'm a lot hardier against that now. I'm also a lot more selective now. I mean, my gran read my first draft and thought it was amazing 'better than all those other books, like that one with the ring'. I laughed until I cried XD. She's so sweet.

That may be a better thing to call it to be honest. I'm not looking for constructive, useful feedback with my family. I'm looking for perhaps some fluffy praise and an excuse to have everyone round for a good time.

The title needs to be a bit punchier than 'I finished a draft of my book party' though. I suppose I'll work on that.

To summarize:

* I'm not expecting them to be good or useful beta's.

* Just looking for close friends/fam

* Already used lulu so how fucked am I?

* 'beta-launch' was an awful name. I should've described it better my bad.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I'm all for parties (as long as I don't have to throw them).

But I agree that getting them printed through Lulu is a big mistake at this point. You are potentially giving up first rights of publication of your novel by doing so.

If you really want to give an unfinished version of your book to your friends and family, I suggest taking the file to Staples and having them print and bind it. Sometimes I do this with my hard-copy edits, and it's not too expensive, depending on how many friends and family you think actually want to read an unpublished book.

I would recommend against using your friends and family as betas for a couple of reasons. One is that they're probably not going to give you the best critiques. They probably don't know the market. Not all of them will know your genre, which makes it even harder for them to give critiques.

The second reason is that if they do bring crits to your attention, it is very hard to respond to them. You're trying to be good, so you just smile and nod and thank them, as is recommended for in-person critiques, but they will want to engage you about it, because they are used to conversing with you. Any discussion about the notes, though, can lead to seeming defensive, even if you're just looking for clarification. And with anyone who doesn't know your market, almost certainly there will be a crit that you know is "wrong," so discussion of it can lead to a minefield.

ETA: Cross-posted. But although you're not looking for betas, that doesn't mean someone's not going to bring crits to you. They just might not be helpful crits and may make things awkward

Last edited:

J.Catherine

you call me Jen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jcatherine.com
I'm all for parties (as long as I don't have to throw them).

Heh. My mother hates throwing parties. Hates being at parties. It's the biggest cause of conflict with us, but she'd give in for a beta party.

But I agree that getting them printed through Lulu is a big mistake at this point. You are potentially giving up first rights of publication of your novel by doing so.

...so, what do I do if I've already done that with the shitty first-first draft? *sweats nervously*

If you really want to give an unfinished version of your book to your friends and family, I suggest taking the file to Staples and having them print and bind it. Sometimes I do this with my hard-copy edits, and it's not too expensive, depending on how many friends and family you think actually want to read an unpublished book.

I would recommend against using your friends and family as betas for a couple of reasons. One is that they're probably not going to give you the best critiques. They probably don't know the market. Not all of them will know your genre, which makes it even harder for them to give critiques.

The second reason is that if they do bring crits to your attention, it is very hard to respond to them. You're trying to be good, so you just smile and nod and thank them, as is recommended for in-person critiques, but they will want to engage you about it, because they are used to conversing with you. Any discussion about the notes, though, can lead to seeming defensive, even if you're just looking for clarification. And with anyone who doesn't know your market, almost certainly there will be a crit that you know is "wrong," so discussion of it can lead to a minefield.

ETA: Cross-posted. But although you're not looking for betas, that doesn't mean someone's not going to bring crits to you. They just might not be helpful crits and may make things awkward

Off the top of my head I can count eight (I have a big, very close catholic family) maybe more if they are interested enough. I'm also very interested in asthetics. I'll be buying some nice coverart off of my fave artists as well.

Thank you for the advice. I've taken it on board, but I'm not overly concerned given the nature of my family and my relationship. They're likely to come back with semi helpful feedback, some of which I'll take on board, some of which I won't. And if it's all not useful I just won't take it on board. At this stage I won't be looking for help, rather, a pat on the back and a cuddle from my gran.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
How about a compromise? Have your party to celebrate finishing the draft, but rather than print and distribute THE WHOLE THING, give your eager attendees the first couple of chapters. It'll be cheaper than giving away copies of the whole thing, and give your family and friends a tangible representation of your work while enticing them to buy the complete novel when it's published.

(And I bet, if you're like most writers, those first few chapters are more polished than the rest of the draft.)

Last edited:

J.Catherine

you call me Jen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jcatherine.com
How about a compromise? Have your party to celebrate finishing the draft, but rather than print and distribute THE WHOLE THING, give your eager attendees the first couple of chapters. It'll be cheaper than giving away copies of the whole thing, and give your family and friends a tangible representation of your work while enticing them to buy the complete novel when it's published.

(And I bet, if you're like most writers, those first few chapters are more polished than the rest of the draft.)

True...first few are more polished.

Still doesn't sit right aesthetically with me though. Besides, I don't want my family to buy the thing. They're my family they get the book for free!

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It sounds as if you just really want to share your excitement with them. Do what you want to do, then.

Down the road, when your sales numbers are going to count toward recouping an advance or even getting your next novel published, my guess is you'll be a lot less willing to give away free copies.

J.Catherine

you call me Jen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jcatherine.com
It sounds as if you just really want to share your excitement with them. Do what you want to do, then.

Down the road, when your sales numbers are going to count toward recouping an advance or even getting your next novel published, my guess is you'll be a lot less willing to give away free copies.

It's family. You can't expect me to ask them to pay. They didn't charge for raising me, giving me free meals, giving me a place to stay, being good, kind and supportive all throughout my life now did they?

There's no expectation that I'll ever even be published, so that's not my biggest concern.

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As I said, do what you want to do. I'm not quite sure why you're asking for advice, since it seems like your mind is already made up.

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
If your book is published, I'd think they'd want to buy it, to support you. They will likely not, however, no matter what form it's in, read it. Has nothing to do with you; everyone can tell stories of people going on about they can't wait to read it, are so eager to read it, have been waiting so long to read it, then they don't. If they do, then what happens if you're published down the line and want to have a party for that? How do you explain it's the same-ish book but it's different, with changes and a (likely) different title and cover from what they have?

It seems to me the whole idea is kind of fraught. Printing books is iffy w/re first rights, then you've got that people aren't really going to understand this isn't your published work the way they think of published work. What if one of your friends, or your gran for instance, takes the book to show her friends and encourage them to buy her granddaughter's first novel!

Throw a party to celebrate anything, but the whole 'here's my book' thing seems like it could cause more problems than do something positive for you.

J.Catherine

you call me Jen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jcatherine.com
As I said, do what you want to do. I'm not quite sure why you're asking for advice, since it seems like your mind is already made up.

I've taken some advice from here. Calling it a 'beta-launch party' was a bad idea. And now I'm panicking about what the fuck to do about lulu. It was useful.

J.Catherine

you call me Jen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jcatherine.com
If your book is published, I'd think they'd want to buy it, to support you. They will likely not, however, no matter what form it's in, read it. Has nothing to do with you; everyone can tell stories of people going on about they can't wait to read it, are so eager to read it, have been waiting so long to read it, then they don't. If they do, then what happens if you're published down the line and want to have a party for that? How do you explain it's the same-ish book but it's different, with changes and a (likely) different title and cover from what they have?

It seems to me the whole idea is kind of fraught. Printing books is iffy w/re first rights, then you've got that people aren't really going to understand this isn't your published work the way they think of published work. What if one of your friends, or your gran for instance, takes the book to show her friends and encourage them to buy her granddaughter's first novel!

Throw a party to celebrate anything, but the whole 'here's my book' thing seems like it could cause more problems than do something positive for you.

They would, a lot of them are poor, so they can't. But you're right a lot of them won't read it.

In fact, I'd gauge only like, 30% of them would be interested in reading it (based on the fact they've had several conversations expressing interest and they are also creative)

I have over 30 people in my family (like, the ones I see really regularly. Every few weeks or so)

So, that's like, 10 people already.

I get what you're saying though, I'll keep the party small with people who understand that this is isn't the final copy and is just a celebration of spending 3 years on something (hey it's a long time for me) and now having it finished.

I might keep it under the same name if its small enough and with people who actually know what I'm doing though.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Another risk of printing something from Lulu is that, in the past, people have found their beta books up for sale on Amazon or other sales places because one of the people they gave a draft to lost it or sold it. That further complicates beta-publishing, especially with realistic covers.

Did you give your original print an ISBN number, and how much have you changed the novel from that first draft? Whole rewrites, scene edits, wording tweaks? I don't admit to knowing much about self-publishing and first rights, but I think if it doesn't have an ISBN or if it's been drastically changed from that initial draft, you're probably okay. Probably want an answer from someone who knows more than me, though.

J.Catherine

you call me Jen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jcatherine.com
Another risk of printing something from Lulu is that, in the past, people have found their beta books up for sale on Amazon or other sales places because one of the people they gave a draft to lost it or sold it. That further complicates beta-publishing, especially with realistic covers.

There is a copy floating around in Sweden somewhere...that I traded for an art-piece. However, if someone puts that up all I'm going to do is laugh. It's so shite :roll:

(don't judge, I laugh when I get nervous)

Did you give your original print an ISBN number, and how much have you changed the novel from that first draft? Whole rewrites, scene edits, wording tweaks? I don't admit to knowing much about self-publishing and first rights, but I think if it doesn't have an ISBN or if it's been drastically changed from that initial draft, you're probably okay. Probably want an answer from someone who knows more than me, though.

No I never gave it an ISBN number. It was never public on lulu. It's a whole re-write, however, chapter content, plot and character names/personalities are the same.

Thanks for the heads up though. I'm still going to want to get physical prints, so I'll need to look further into it.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know what to tell you to do about what you have already done with Lulu. Hopefully someone here will be able to address this important issue for you.

As far as the party, if you want a party then throw a party. Instead of printing out copies for everyone, which would get quite expensive, perhaps you could have a reading of select parts of your book during the party. Maybe a highlights party, you know? I don't know what genre you are writing in, but maybe you could do a themed party?

As for your gran, I would print out a book especially for her. You can do it at an office supply store relatively inexpensively. She supports you in everything and sounds like she has a head on her shoulders. If you ask her not to give the draft to anyone else because it will change as you go forward with edits and rewrites and you only want people to read your best when it is finished and published, I'm betting she won't share it with anyone else. But if I had a gran, I would share with her because it is something important to you she would want to be included in. It is a bonding and a memory to create. And, imho, well worth it.

J.Catherine

you call me Jen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jcatherine.com
I don't know what to tell you to do about what you have already done with Lulu. Hopefully someone here will be able to address this important issue for you.

I hope so too. Might just email lulu and say "hey, you remember like 3 years ago when I was 16 and I decided to get book prints? How do I not do that?"

As far as the party, if you want a party then throw a party. Instead of printing out copies for everyone, which would get quite expensive, perhaps you could have a reading of select parts of your book during the party. Maybe a highlights party, you know? I don't know what genre you are writing in, but maybe you could do a themed party?

It would be expensive. I'd need to save up for it. But that's something that would be worth it personally for me, but I see your point.

As for your gran, I would print out a book especially for her. You can do it at an office supply store relatively inexpensively. She supports you in everything and sounds like she has a head on her shoulders. If you ask her not to give the draft to anyone else because it will change as you go forward with edits and rewrites and you only want people to read your best when it is finished and published, I'm betting she won't share it with anyone else. But if I had a gran, I would share with her because it is something important to you she would want to be included in. It is a bonding and a memory to create. And, imho, well worth it.

Gran definitely wouldn't. I'd hope I could get something like that, but I'm not sure. It would need to look like an actual book. But I'm sure I can find somewhere.

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know much about Lulu, but since you didn't give it an ISBN and you say it's gotten a complete rewrite since, I don't think I would be too worried about it if I were you. Still, you should probably do a Google search just in case.

As for the party, I would definitely NOT throw one. Here's why: The road is long and arduous. You may be the lucky few whose journey is fast and filled with nothing but success, but the odds are not in your favor. Take it from someone who's been agented several times and been on sub way too many times. And family and friends who aren't on this journey with you won't understand how many potholes there are along the way. You give them your book, they're gonna be like, "Omg, when is this going to be available in bookstores?" And then you're gonna be like, well actually, now I need to get an agent, and that could take months, or years, or it may never happen at all for this book...and if I do get an agent, my agent's gonna have to edit it, and then we go into subs and that could take months, or years, or it may never happen at all...it's just long and painful and having added pressure from well-meaning friends and family is just unnecessary imo. Throwing a party at this point just feels so anti-climactic.

Having said that, your grandma sounds so cute and sweet. I would definitely print out a copy just for her and sign it :) with lots of love from you. Tell her it's something you want to share because writing a book in itself is so difficult, but not to get her hopes up because none of us can predict what happens in publishing.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Can't help you with Lulu :(

Have the party, print off different little sections, and prettify them with a cover and inscription, and hand them out to the people you think will match with them best. Also read - or have someone read - from either those excerpts or your own fave excerpt. Absolutely celebrate, but if you give them a copy of the whole thing, it's going to be awkward when you want them to read the finished thing later. People will feel either guilty that they didn't finish reading it first time around, or slightly miffed that they've already read it in a lesser form.

Teasers. That's what you want ;) Can I come?

Last edited:

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Change the title and the character names and make sure that any description of the book doesn't resemble the thing you printed on Lulu.

J.Catherine

you call me Jen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jcatherine.com
I don't know much about Lulu, but since you didn't give it an ISBN and you say it's gotten a complete rewrite since, I don't think I would be too worried about it if I were you. Still, you should probably do a Google search just in case.

As for the party, I would definitely NOT throw one. Here's why: The road is long and arduous. You may be the lucky few whose journey is fast and filled with nothing but success, but the odds are not in your favor. Take it from someone who's been agented several times and been on sub way too many times. And family and friends who aren't on this journey with you won't understand how many potholes there are along the way. You give them your book, they're gonna be like, "Omg, when is this going to be available in bookstores?" And then you're gonna be like, well actually, now I need to get an agent, and that could take months, or years, or it may never happen at all for this book...and if I do get an agent, my agent's gonna have to edit it, and then we go into subs and that could take months, or years, or it may never happen at all...it's just long and painful and having added pressure from well-meaning friends and family is just unnecessary imo. Throwing a party at this point just feels so anti-climactic.

Having said that, your grandma sounds so cute and sweet. I would definitely print out a copy just for her and sign it with lots of love from you. Tell her it's something you want to share because writing a book in itself is so difficult, but not to get her hopes up because none of us can predict what happens in publishing.

Right, that's good. Thank you.

You're right. A lot of that is really correct. Still, that's why I'd limit the party to people who know how difficult it is. Ie; they're artists in other areas, or they expect me to self publish on amazon so they don't really expect to see book-store stuff ay all.

But I get what your saying. If I ever did get a 'book-launch' party, there would be more than 10 people, it would be in a hired venue, with cocktail bars and fancy af dresses. I'm that kind of person.

Thank you! She's amazing. She's already read the first copy and thought it was great, so she'll probably like this one as well.

Can't help you with Lulu

Have the party, print off different little sections, and prettify them with a cover and inscription, and hand them out to the people you think will match with them best. Also read - or have someone read - from either those excerpts or your own fave excerpt. Absolutely celebrate, but if you give them a copy of the whole thing, it's going to be awkward when you want them to read the finished thing later. People will feel either guilty that they didn't finish reading it first time around, or slightly miffed that they've already read it in a lesser form.

Teasers. That's what you want Can I come?

Good idea. I, myself, have the weird tracking thing and that gets so awkward when I read out loud one of the kids I babysit rated me 3/10 for story reading lol.

But these are really good ideas coming in thank you.

Lol if you can get from australia to here, sure.

Change the title and the character names and make sure that any description of the book doesn't resemble the thing you printed on Lulu.

Ok, title. That'll be tough, but I'll try.

Names?! B-But Lillian....and Gael....the names are too special.

I'm going to stubbornly try to find another way before I have to give up the names of my beloved little characters :(

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Just consider whether an interested agent/publisher will be able to Google it.