• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Cheryl McCarthy Literary Agency

msome45

Does anyone out there have any positive or negative feedback on The Cheryl McCarthy Literary Agency??? I searched them on the Agency Research & Evaluation site, but it came back with "no public record". Anyone??

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The only thing I'm finding with a fast google (my very best friend for online info) suggests unprofessionalism. One, Cheryl McCarthy Literary Agency's email is a hotmail account, not a business-dedicated email. Two, the only screenplay or novel mentioned in connection with Cheryl McCarthy Literary Agency is a self-published one by Arthur Ellis, using AuthorHouse. For this, no agent is necessary, and self-publishing is not the advice a competent agent would provide. There's some suggestion that she may be representing a screenwriter named Charlie Mezzano.

What there's not is any indication that the agency has ever sold a screenplay. Since a poor agent is worse than no agent, unless you can find out more, including multiple sales that were completed, I'd stay away.

Maryn, wishing she had better news

msome45

Thanks. I was picking up the same vibe from what I was able to dig up on the net.

Gillhoughly

Grumpy writer and editor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Getting blitzed at Gillhoughly's Reef, Haleakaloha
What an interesting and rather vague phrase, "marketing fee," which can be utterly meaningless or mean whatever one chooses for it.

(Unless those 75 bucks are part of what's in the "agent's" kitty on grocery day.)
emoteHuh.gif

Sometimes I think I'm in the wrong end of this business, but I had a mental picture of a black ops clad A.C. Crispin & Victoria Strauss dropping through my office roof a la James Bond and shooting up the joint.

Pass!
eek.gif

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not finding any mentions after 2007. Anyone hear otherwise?