AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Cheryl McCarthy Literary Agency

msome45

Cheryl McCarthy Literary Agency

Does anyone out there have any positive or negative feedback on The Cheryl McCarthy Literary Agency??? I searched them on the Agency Research & Evaluation site, but it came back with "no public record". Anyone??

The only thing I'm finding with a fast google (my very best friend for online info) suggests unprofessionalism. One, Cheryl McCarthy Literary Agency's email is a hotmail account, not a business-dedicated email. Two, the only screenplay or novel mentioned in connection with Cheryl McCarthy Literary Agency is a self-published one by Arthur Ellis, using AuthorHouse. For this, no agent is necessary, and self-publishing is not the advice a competent agent would provide. There's some suggestion that she may be representing a screenwriter named Charlie Mezzano.

What there's not is any indication that the agency has ever sold a screenplay. Since a poor agent is worse than no agent, unless you can find out more, including multiple sales that were completed, I'd stay away.

Maryn, wishing she had better news
    "I've never had to fake sarcasm."

Brick by Brick, a ménage à trois novel (soon to be re-released)
    Taming the Wilde, FemDom spotted--and striped--in the wild
    Men in Love, anthology about--hey, you're already there, aren't you?
    Maryn Says, an irregular blog almost never about writing
    The Occasional Tweet

msome45
    Thanks. I was picking up the same vibe from what I was able to dig up on the net.

Writer Beware Goddess Absolute Sage victoriastrauss's Avatar
    According to Writer Beware's most recent info, Cheryl McCarthy charges a $75 per month marketing fee. I'm not aware of any sales.

- Victoria

Grumpy writer and editor Absolute Sage Gillhoughly's Avatar
    Getting blitzed at Gillhoughly's Reef, Haleakaloha.
    What an interesting and rather vague phrase, "marketing fee," which can be utterly meaningless or mean whatever one chooses for it.

(Unless those 75 bucks are part of what's in the "agent's" kitty on grocery day.)

Sometimes I think I'm in the wrong end of this business, but I had a mental picture of a black ops clad A.C. Crispin & Victoria Strauss dropping through my office roof a la James Bond and shooting up the joint.

Pass!

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    I'm not finding any mentions after 2007. Anyone hear otherwise?
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: