The 2016-2017 Sekrit Solstice Sci-Fi Fantasy Story Swap

J. A. Rama

Master Plot Hydra Conqueror
Registered
Reaction score
Website
phractalreality.blogspot.com
Continuing my review series...

The Key by TJWriter - A nice, refreshing fantasy. I'm glad to see a protagonist who isn't a hotshot lovestruck young hero. This looks like an intriguing world that I'd like to know more about, especially regarding the machinations of the mafia and the society. Very nice!

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
But I do have to say - I could read Tiddly's stories ALL DAY! Such good fun with Jane and Az and Prince Ted.

That was my gift this year, and I have to agree! It was FAB!!! (And if you haven't read the others in the series, you gotta do it NOW!)

Tiddly was kind enough to send me the other two as well. I agree. They're ALL awesome! I had a very enjoyable evening last night. :D

:eek::e2cry::e2flowers

Aw shucks, you guys. You are too kind.

There's another one simmering in my brain that I shall write soon. And apparently I may have to come up with one featuring Prince Ted, based on feedback.

paddismac

Parasite free since '09
Registered
Reaction score

There's another one simmering in my brain that I shall write soon. And apparently I may have to come up with one featuring Prince Ted, based on feedback.
Yes, more Ted! And more Frank! And more Artie!!! (what can I say? I'm a sucker for trolls!)

Alma Matters

Registered
Reaction score
I am enjoying the fact that my story is yet to be guessed.

However, now think I've not quite hit the prompt in a suitable fashion. I would like to take another run at this, but I don't think this short will see the light of day.

Stories can be a hit or a miss. I'm sorry giftee!

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score

Yes! Definitely want more Ted! And Frank the imp. I want more Rudy too!

Jade Rothwell

rolling dice
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't read anyone's stories yet (busy busy) but I can't wait to :D

OH
THE
HORROR

I DON'T KNOW WHICH IS A WORSE FATE.

​HOKAY time to go to bed

hey, he asked us to guess him. punishment should be not to. unless.......REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY! And I fell for it like a fool!

PastyAlien

Space butthole
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
helfrich.ca
In the Cloud by PastyAlien: What a killer concept. Don't be fooled into thinking it's a simple romance. It's written softly, but with razor sharp edges that take it to an entirely new dimension. Quite literally. Short, sweet, subtle, sensational. Definitely recommend!
Oh my goodness, how did I miss this! Thank you so much! Love your reviews; I think Tangent should give you a call. :)

J. A. Rama

Master Plot Hydra Conqueror
Registered
Reaction score
Website
phractalreality.blogspot.com
Snow Angel by mrsmig: This is the perfect story for drinking hot cocoa on a winter's night! It's wintry without, but heartwarming; yet throughout, there is a subtle sense of something ominous brought about not by elves or Santa, but all by humans. Even though much is left to the imagination, given current events, this sort of story feels more relevant than ever. Yet, I love that the thing that happens at the end isn't exactly specified in detail, leaving the reader's own theories to fill it in. I liked it!

The Stone Proxy by paddismac: This story starts off with the best drunks, throws in one heroine who ain't got time for nonsensical things like waiting around to be rescued and a cast of adorably lovable rapscallions, and ends with the best larks and shenanigans! Of course, hilarity is to be expected from our resident goat, and our resident goat delivers throughout! I chortled! I gigglesnorted! I sneezed! I devoured it until I reached the end!

In short, read it because.

Last edited:

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
BoBo, I can't wait for more reviews! These all sound fabulous! (and I'd offer to read all of them right now but I've got a huge list of stuff that must be done first. :( )

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't been around much over the last week or so, and haven't had an opportunity to take part in the guessing thread. I have read my story and thanked my gifter, though. Haven't heard from my giftee yet so hope he/she liked the story I sent him.

To the person who PM'd me asking to read "A Light in the Sky", thanks - I'll send it over ASAP, this weekend certainly.

paddismac

Parasite free since '09
Registered
Reaction score
The Stone Proxy by paddismac: This story starts off with the best drunks, throws in one heroine who ain't got time for nonsensical things like waiting around to be rescued and a cast of adorably lovable rapscallions, and ends with the best larks and shenanigans! Of course, hilarity is to be expected from our resident goat, and our resident goat delivers throughout! I chortled! I gigglesnorted! I sneezed! I devoured it until I reached the end!

In short, read it because.
Wow, how exciting! My very first ever review! Thank you, Bobo!! I will love it and hug it and pet it and squeeze it and name it George.:thankyou:

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sending out "Broken Upon Sisyphus's Rock" to those who requested it and I noticed a couple of you didn't send me your email addresses. If you'd like to read it, rep me your email address and I'll send the stinker to you. <G>

ETA: It's roughly 2,550 words.

Last edited:

ManWithTheMetalArm

Has One Badass Arm
Registered
Reaction score
Curses, I have been dinged! I had a feeling I'd be one of the last people dinged via process of elimination. If anyone wants a taste of "No Weapons at the Table", PM me. It's pretty short, too, 1616 words.

Last edited:

-Riv-

The much appreciated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I haz been guessinated by a shotgun blast of guesses from Feyngirl!!!

Leap of Fate.

Curses. Foiled again.

:greenie

PM or rep me your email addy if you want a peek at this drafty draft of doom.

Last edited:

Kitkitdizzi

Don't feed the critters
Registered
Reaction score
Y'all.
In the Cloud by PastyAlien: What a killer concept. Don't be fooled into thinking it's a simple romance. It's written softly, but with razor sharp edges that take it to an entirely new dimension. Quite literally. Short, sweet, subtle, sensational. Definitely recommend!

As the recipient of this awesome story I can attest that it is, indeed, awesome.