The 2016-2017 Sekrit Solstice Sci-Fi Fantasy Story Swap

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Mines not done. And I've been on AW for two and a half hours after I promised myself I'd sit down and write and not check AW. So...*high five*

tianaluthien

What I do is not up to you
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
<pokes head in after saying I wasn't gonna do it and sees more finished stories>

:e2bummed:

C'mere you. :Hug2:

Speaking as someone who has received unfinished stories in the past...I don't care. The point is that someone wrote something for me worked around ideas I haphazardly set out and that is thrilling in itself.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
I don't mine either. If anyone can make anything out of the horrible prompt I gave? Props. Total props. You are amazing, whoever you are. No worries.

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
I've never received any story that was written just for me, so I'll be happy whether it's finished or not. :)

paddismac

Parasite free since '09
Registered
Reaction score
<sigh> I need to accept the fact that what I have here is the bare bones of a novel.

I just hope that the skeleton is at least whole and strong enough to be ambulatory. :e2beat:

And it STILL may end up going out as a partial

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
I think I could have done better writing mine as a novel. I don't know how to shove all the info into such a short space. But alas, I don't have the time for novel writing. Perhaps later, though....

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
It's ok, pad! You and I will cross the finish line at the last minute hand-in-hoof.

And if my gift-er is feeling less than stellar about their story, just know I already love it. Because you took the time to do something elf-filled for me.

paddismac

Parasite free since '09
Registered
Reaction score
Battling the urge to just let my baddie monologue instead of trying to dole out the discoveries and reveals in little bite-size morsels. I'd get to the end a hell of a lot quicker.

themindstream

Registered
Reaction score
I'm only really starting mine this week. The plan to be done with the novel before starting on Sissyfus didn't happen. ;.;

But I do have a plan. It has a begining, middle and end and probably won't be too long. I can pull this off before the deadline, I'm sure!

(*internal screaming intensifies*)

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
*cheers on all those still working on their stories* :e2cheer::e2cheer::e2cheer::e2cheer::e2cheer:

I'd like to say I wouldn't mind if my story wasn't finished, but the sad truth is, I won't read unfinished stories. So, I'm fine if it's not finished in time, but my gifter should know that I won't actually read it until they've finished it. :e2paperba:gone:

ETA I should add, it doesn't need to be a final draft, a first draft is totally fine, it just needs to be finished.

Last edited:

JJ Litke

People are not wearing enough hats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com
Battling the urge to just let my baddie monologue instead of trying to dole out the discoveries and reveals in little bite-size morsels. I'd get to the end a hell of a lot quicker.

"Ha ha, Protagonist, don't you see? The answer was in front of you the whole time!"

Protagonist's brow furrowed. "You can't really think you're going to win."

"I know I will." Baddie smirked and twirled his villainous moustache. "I've planted a bomb in the city's water treatment center. In just under five minutes, that bomb will explode, breaking apart the facility, destroying the city's water supply and flooding the Orphan District in one fell swoop! And there's nothing you can do to stop it."

"No!" Protagonist yelled. "How can you do such a thing? Why?"

"Because I own the only water-treatment-facility-building company in the country!" Baddie threw back his head and laughed. "Also I hate those orphans for trying to thwart my previous plan to blow up the Hospital for Wayward Kittens With Hurt Bean Toes. So now I'll make money and get my revenge! Mwa ha ha ha!"

Last edited:

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
I'm pretty concerned about getting done on time. Life's been crazy and I am currently recovering with youngest kidlet from Influenza Strain B. So yay.

But there's no minute quite like the last night, so I might squeak something out yet.

ManWithTheMetalArm

Has One Badass Arm
Registered
Reaction score
I'm just hoping that I can at least get at least a decent short story down on paper, and that my giftee gets a laugh or two out of my horrible jokes and lame puns.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I read my rough draft aloud to my kid (helps me notice the cheesy dialogue better when I read it aloud) and we had some good laughs at my expense. Talk about crap!! But anyway, overall he liked it and so now I'm going to implement the changes needed and get it out to be beta'd. It's still crap, just slightly less stinky.

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
*drags self in from plague-ridden cave*

"Ha ha, Protagonist, don't you see? The answer was in front of you the whole time!"

Protagonist's brow furrowed. "You can't really think you're going to win."

"I know I will." Baddie smirked and twirled his villainous moustache. "I've planted a bomb in the city's water treatment center. In just under five minutes, that bomb will explode, breaking apart the facility, destroying the city's water supply and flooding the Orphan District in one fell swoop! And there's nothing you can do to stop it."

"No!" Protagonist yelled. "How can you do such a thing? Why?"

"Because I own the only water-treatment-facility-building company in the country!" Baddie threw back his head and laughed. "Also I hate those orphans for trying to thwart my previous plan to blow up the Hospital for Wayward Kittens With Hurt Bean Toes. So now I'll make money and get my revenge! Mwa ha ha ha!"

*eyes evil monologue*

Have I mentioned I'm in need of a dastardly evil monologue as one of my gaps? Hmm...

JJ Litke

People are not wearing enough hats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com
My actual ending isn't much better. Maybe I can try to spackle it into shape.

Alma Matters

Registered
Reaction score
Just a quick note to say if my story writer is out there and one of those struggling/worried about the turn in date... Please, don't.

This is just some fun. Send what you have and buy yourself a pizza.

Here's hoping my giftee feels the same about my rough as hell second draft...

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Yeah, whoever's writing for me, I don't care. I don't care if the story is half-finished, full of plotholes, and doesn't match the prompt. I'm gonna love it, cause you made an effort for me. :) :Hug2:

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
I've decided I'm too embarrassed of this mess I've created to let anyone beta read it. Honestly. I hope it dies a hard death in the bottom of my giftee's inbox, never to be seen or heard from again.