The 2016-2017 Sekrit Solstice Sci-Fi Fantasy Story Swap

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
eta: I had forgotten how FAST we tore it up last year.
You got that right. ;) I didn't do Sisyphus last year, so I didn't participate in guessing, but I did lurk in the thread. Y'all were guessinating beasts! Beasts I say! :p

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
Sigh. My plot bunnies need to get hopping. I've got a good setup, interesting (to me, anyway) characters, a voice I'm having tons of fun with... and no plot. Pretty sure stories are better if something actually HAPPENS between the setup and the resolution. :p

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
I thought I had my story finished last night and sent it off to my beta. I wake up this morning (still with the migraine that developed last night) to find I need to rethink the beginning... AGAIN! This will be the FOURTH attempt at the blasted beginning! :rant: and then :cry:

But I'm not doing it today, otherwise I'll be putting all the characters to bed in a dark room (but not together!). :roll:

Jade Rothwell

rolling dice
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the answers, guys! Darn, now I have to pick a section to help people guess... I'm tempted to pick a super nondescript section to make it harder to guess. But I'm also tempted to pick a section that's sort of well-written so when it's revealed it's me, you guys will think I'm a better writer than I actually am haha

Mary Love

Registered
Reaction score
Looks like last year had some short descriptions... is the 200 word minimum for the guessing blurb a new order?

PastyAlien

Space butthole
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
helfrich.ca
This thread is hoppin'. *skewers wandering plot bunny* I can scarcely keep up with lurking.
Last year I was guessed with almost obscene quickness and dexterity (by a filthy alien).:rant:But this year... THIS YEAR I plan to remain cloaked and masked until the bitter end.... MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Pfft. I can sniff out your writing style a parsec away. *sniffs* *wrinkles tentacles*

JJ Litke

People are not wearing enough hats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com
This thread is hoppin'. *skewers wandering plot bunny* I can scarcely keep up with lurking.
Pfft. I can sniff out your writing style a parsec away. *sniffs* *wrinkles tentacles*

:Wha:

Oh oh, tentacles, not tes— well, not what I read it as in the first place.

paddismac

Parasite free since '09
Registered
Reaction score

Gross! Just keep those nasty things away from me! (whichever they are)

I don't need the distraction...

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
*completely ignores the disturbing mental imagery* :p

I'm approximately 120 words away from reaching the 4,000 word mark in my story. I'm not sure if I'm excited because I've written 4,000 words in less than ten days (the fastest I've ever developed a story), or nervous/panicky because I still don't know where or how to end this thing. I'll at least write out the last scene I have in my head before I start hyperventilating...

Kitkitdizzi

Don't feed the critters
Registered
Reaction score
*completely ignores the disturbing mental imagery* :p

I'm approximately 120 words away from reaching the 4,000 word mark in my story. I'm not sure if I'm excited because I've written 4,000 words in less than ten days (the fastest I've ever developed a story), or nervous/panicky because I still don't know where or how to end this thing. I'll at least write out the last scene I have in my head before I start hyperventilating...

Just threaten your story with dropping a meteor on it and killing everyone. That's what I do. Amazing how well that works for getting the characters in line.

PastyAlien

Space butthole
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
helfrich.ca

*snickers*

Gross! Just keep those nasty things away from me! (whichever they are)

I don't need the distraction...
:roll:

Ahem. We aliens haven't had anything so gauche as reproductive organs in several eons.

Damoclian

Fragile Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so, guys, goiz! I need an ALPHA reader, not a beta reader, an ALPHA reader. My story is in alpha right now, not even complete, and I need someone to point at things and yell "Poooopy, redo!" or "Fancy, do more!" where applicable. My eyes are bleeding* from looking at the page for so long that I can no longer see the end, let alone the middle, though I know where and what it must be, I need help and butt-kicking to get there. See smiley below for details:
:deadhorse

I don't know which Beta-er person here to turn to, so, like, um, HALP!? :O

*Not actually.

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
I has full draft! 4000 words, might get a little longer.:Guitar:

It is horrid, but that's okay. I can still make it less horrid later.

*snickers*

:roll:

Ahem. We aliens haven't had anything so gauche as reproductive organs in several eons.

Yet you and your probes show an inordinately amount of interest in everybody else's if the stories are to be believed...:e2shower::mothership:

PastyAlien

Space butthole
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
helfrich.ca
Do you guys use cloning, or splitting into smaller versions of yourselves?
Erm . . . no . . .
trumpalien.jpg

Explains a lot, yes?

Yet you and your probes show an inordinately amount of interest in everybody else's if the stories are to be believed...:e2shower::mothership:
See above (we use a slightly different implantation route than the movie). :aliensmile:

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
(Psssst, as kind of an extension of the Cantina social threads, let's also keep the SSSFFSSS thread politics-free.)