The 2016-2017 Sekrit Solstice Sci-Fi Fantasy Story Swap

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Y'all! Y'all!

Like I Need A Hole in the Head has been SOLD!! To the Women Up To No Good: Broad Knowledge anthology for early 2019!

*Tacklehugs Pasty for her wonderful amazing prompt*

w00t!

Woot!

So I just signed a contract on my Syssiphus story from last year. "Myathan Rainbows" just found a home at Neo-opsis.

Yes, folks it may take a while but your story can find a home.

This is AWESOME news!

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We're exactly 4 months away from the 2018 Sisyphus.

Just an FYI for your long-range planning needs.

Emoticon: Wink Face

Damoclian

Fragile Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, well I look forward to the next one WHILE I'm doing the one before!! And I am fully intending to indoctrinate SEVERAL new people into the Sisyphusean Gang of Awesomesauce Individuals. I plan fo dis 'ere swap almost more than NaNo, and I'm an ML! :eek:

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
I had a great, but stressful time with Syssiphus last year...I’m not sure I want to participate again, but I really would hate to miss out.

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
As far as I know I'll be participating again this year. Last time was fun, interesting, and a good learning experience. I think what I learned from it has played a major part in helping me get as far along in my Snow White retelling as I currently am, and also provided a positive first experience with getting beta reads. :)

shortstorymachinist

The score is still Q to 12!
Registered
Reaction score
I had a great, but stressful time with Syssiphus last year...I’m not sure I want to participate again, but I really would hate to miss out.

With the way we dominate the "What's New?" news feed, it's impossible to miss out.

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
*pokes in from Lurk Land* It'll take an act of [insert deity of your choice here] to keep me away. As much as I whined and procrastinated it was a good stretch. And I actually like writing for someone else (gets me out of my own way).

*fades back into Lurk Land*

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I'll probably do Sisyphus again this year, whether I officially start writing again or not. Done it the past 2 years, and it was fairly enjoyable. :)

I'll probably wait until the very last minute to come up with a prompt, though. Any ideas I have before then will no doubt morph into stories I want to someday tell myself, rather than have as a gift. It's best for me to figure out a prompt at the last minute, so that I don't get so attached to it myself. :tongue

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
To my shame, my Sisyphus story is the last thing I finished. I'm SO in this year, if only to force myself to stop puttering around and GET ON WITH IT!

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
I want to play again this year, but that means I really do need to get my butt in gear and finish the story I'm currently working on. It's taking FOREVER!

I had so much fun last year, although I still have stories from last year to read.:e2paperba

If I get the story I'm currently working on done in time, I'm going to have to put some serious thought into my prompt.

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
I am going to be moving interstate mid Sisyphus.

I am so doing it anyway.

paddismac

Parasite free since '09
Registered
Reaction score
Oh wow. Is it really coming up on that time again??

I totally shut down after last year's event and haven't put three words together to make a sentence since (for the good of humanity, or something like that <shrug>).

I'll have to think on it...

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't really written anything since Sissyphus last year either. I mean...maybe a few paragraphs, but nothing complete. Maybe it's what I need to get my butt in gear, too. Or maybe it will stress me out like last year and I'll go gray and lose sleep and stuff....

themindstream

Registered
Reaction score
If it's any consolation, my first Sissyfus was hair-pulling; I got stuck mid-and ended up trunking the thing soon after. The second, I still needed the extension but I knew where I wanted the story to go and it was a much better experience all around. So one bad year does not mean all of them will be bad! I know too well how rough the cycle of guilt of not-doing-well can get but I also know it won't get better if I don't at least attempt working on it.

On the other hand, if a significant portion of your stressors are external, people will totally understand if you've got to sit one out.

Last edited:

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm will be Sisyphussing...Sisyphusing...Sisyph....

Oh, heck - I'm in.