Status
Not open for further replies.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Seriously, the day before the end and we haven't made a thread for winners yet? Come brag about your shiny purple bar, boast about your successfully overachieved goals, or even just getting started and having stuff written you didn't before. Congrats to all of us!

Despite everything this month, busy weekends and holiday weeks and family loss and politics, I claimed my purple bar just five minutes ago. I've learned this year that I can easily get 2.5 to 3k a day regularly. Strange, I still remember when 3k was my best ever. Funny how we change. :)

JulianneQJohnson

Ferret Herder
Registered
Reaction score
Website
julianneqjohnson.com
I won! Despite getting a little behind last week, I made it with two days to spare. Got my certificate and everything. Now I just have to finish the book. :D

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
I won. I'm at just under 100,000 words now, actually--I hope to reach it tonight. My first NaNo! Thanks for all the support, everyone! I couldn't have done it without AW.

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
I won't win but I want to drop in my early congratulations for all of you who do! It's such a fulfilling accomplishment! Brag loud and proud! :partyguy::partyguy:

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, guys, I was delinquent on this one. I usually make it as soon as someone crosses 50K.

Congrats to the winners so far!

arikdiver

Making magic with words
Registered
Reaction score
I made it on the final day. Yipee :)

Congratulations everyone :snoopy::partyguy:

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
I finished on Friday!

Anna Spargo-Ryan

Just pokin' about
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.annaspargoryan.com
I was very chuffed to finish. I also did two structural edits this month, edited a short story for publication, wrote and presented a seminar, did two uni subjects and finished a longform essay for publication. By the end, I had my ~1800 words down to a respectable 36 minutes.

(I mean, it's mostly garbage for the bin, but still.)

technoglobe

Registered
Reaction score
Just finished! This is the first NaNo where I've actually hit 50K, so I am extra excited. :partyguy:

Mary Love

Registered
Reaction score
I won on the 22nd, and motivation has been hard to find since. Like right now. I should be writing. Why am I not writing? :sleepy:

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I won on the 24th and have kept going. This year's entry is a reboot on something I started back in 2005?!:e2faint:and trunked. I was still pretty much learning the ins and outs of conflict, particularly between the two Romantic Leads, and it was smooth sailing for the two guys. This year, just two days before validating for the win, I finally, finally, FINALLY ran across a detail that could hang between the two MMCs for both of them to worry about who's going to bring it up again, if at all.

The rest is horse manure.

Mostly.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Verified sometime after midnight EST, after taking a little nap with my kitty on my lap and then writing another few hundred words.

Mary Love

Registered
Reaction score
I finally, finally, FINALLY ran across a detail that could hang between the two MMCs for both of them to worry about who's going to bring it up again, if at all.

The rest is horse manure.

Mostly.
Here's some flowers, now you can't smell manure when you edit. :e2flowers

Verified sometime after midnight EST, after taking a little nap with my kitty on my lap and then writing another few hundred words.

Hot dawg!!! I'm so happy for you Sage! :snoopy:

Maythe

Registered
Reaction score
Well done everyone!

I just finished, sneaking in at 50.1k. I was aiming for a few hundred over but the scene naturally came to an end and who am I to argue with the muse?

M_Writes

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, thank goodness it's finally done! I've never liked a NaNo project as much as this one, but it was by far the hardest to write. Now, a break before I pick up where I left off.

Great work everyone. You're all rock stars!

Captivatedlife

Registered
Reaction score
I completed a MG fantasy novel for my first nano since 2003. Then, I won, but didn't do the website or anything. Was it even around?! I came in Sunday Night with my 50,000 and I stopped at 50,000 on the dot because I was exhausted!

Great job everyone!

Matt T.

Registered
Reaction score
My very rough draft of this novel clocked in at a surprisingly large 73k. I've been working away on a more refined draft that abandons a lot of the original draft, but it was still invaluable getting to work through the story and figure out where it needed to go.

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
I just posted in the word count thread, but I'm going to settle in this one, too.

Congratulations everyone! :partyguy:

Status
Not open for further replies.