The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NaNoWriMo Winners Thread 2016

practical experience, FTW chompers's Avatar
    I crawled over the finish line.

practical experience, FTW CoffeeBeans's Avatar
    I dinged last night at our end-of-month event... even better, all of the nanos who came to finish made it over the line. That's the way to an ML's heart. No Nano Left Behind.

Wow you all are amazing!

i did make it, whew! But I had to add to the "validate me" late thread there because I couldn't validate myself on time, so it will take a while to see my certificate (they said we could switch time zones to do it but I believe it's past that by now Dec 1- no areas left still in Nov 30.

But that's ok! I didn't finish my novel though, but I've been in the hospital since mid November, so I'm proud to just have done the words I did, and my goal as Christmas present to myself is to get the full draft done.

Thanks all all for the encouragement, and I'm so proud of you all! And we have some fast writers here, wow!
    Last edited by atthebeach; 12-02-2016 at 02:14 AM. Reason: typo
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." -George Eliot

WIPs:
    YA Suspense/Thriller
    Academic textbook for teachers

AW is fantastic!

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin MeghS's Avatar
    I did it! I ended up only writing 11 out of 30 days because life but I somehow still managed 50k. ::trophy::

I learned that an outline is WONDERFUL and I ended up with a mostly completed draft (I skipped to the end when I got close to 50k).

I also learned that I am capable of writing A LOT in a little time when I do have an outline. My biggest one-day word count was 18,711. ::jaw:: Before this year, my record was around 6,000 so this was a HUGE revelation for me!

Now it's time to edit!
    NaNoWriMo 2016 = 50,311/50,000 words
    Now it's editing time!

Blog | Twitter | NaNo

she blinded me with library science Jade A's Avatar
    I won 2 days before the end! Which was good, because it was right before a bunch of shifts and I was barely able to write on the last 2 days. I also managed to write every single day in November! I've never done that before.

Quote Originally Posted by MeghS View Post
    I did it! I ended up only writing 11 out of 30 days because life but I somehow still managed 50k. ::trophy::

I learned that an outline is WONDERFUL and I ended up with a mostly completed draft (I skipped to the end when I got close to 50k).

I also learned that I am capable of writing A LOT in a little time when I do have an outline. My biggest one-day word count was 18,711. ::jaw:: Before this year, my record was around 6,000 so this was a HUGE revelation for me!

Now it's time to edit!
    Oh my god, that's amazing! How did you write so much in one day? You're the Flash.

Congrats to everyone who made it to 50k, everyone who made it to their own personal counts, and everyone who just plain made it somewhere!
    Half Price Souls, recompose Issue 3 (February 2017)

www.tamlyndreaver.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12