• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Master Writing Jobs

S.C. Denton

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Legitimate or not?

Seems like a scam to me. What I do know is that people are sharing it an awful lot on Facebook and it is popping up often as a sponsored ad.

Last edited:

S.C. Denton

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Jeez, you didn't have to do that, but thanks though. It just seemed very much like a scam. What were you supposed to get for the money? A list of copywriting jobs, etc?

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Jeez, you didn't have to do that, but thanks though. It just seemed very much like a scam. What were you supposed to get for the money? A list of copywriting jobs, etc?

Well actually I turned the sound of and checked it every few minutes until it was finally done. But the gist is that it is meant to be a list of high paying jobs they don't take a cut from.

The "available jobs" countdown is the same every time you look at the website. Clearly a fake 'urgency' cue.

Ulee_Lhea

Fear no darkness.
Registered
Reaction score
I watched the video. It made me think of the content mills of the 2000s.

For one, he talks about companies making money from their content, but downplays the need for quality and readability. In fact, he thinks anyone with basic English skills can do this. (Shudder.)

He doesn't seem to realize that the search engines and consumers are now way too sophisticated for the old model to work. Modern content marketing only works if you produce quality content that your target audience wants to read.

He also mentions a shortage of writers. According to my clients, it's not a shortage of writers. It's a shortage of good writers. Anyone can write, but few can write well enough to engage prospects and move them up the sales funnel.

So yeah, I just can't see how this could work in 2016. (At least not with the results he's claiming.)

Last edited:

Yankeedoodle30

Registered
Reaction score
Attention: Scam Alert for Master Writing Jobs

The idea is it will work for him, not them. I'm sure he gets lots of hopefuls sign up and paying.

SCAM ALERT

Save your $34.00 No actual jobs at this site.
Use Upwork instead because it is free and they have 1,000s real jobs that you must be qualified for.

TillysMom

Registered
Reaction score
I know when they asked "how much do you want to make" etc. that it smelled like a scam. I am a content writer for blogs etc. and the day I make that much per hour pigs will indeed fly.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
This made me think of the old "Make Money Reading Books" ads that you used to see. What you got when you sent your ten dollars was a mimeographed list of publishers taken out of Writers' Market, who yes, did use slush readers, but weren't hiring random strangers, and certainly not for $100/book.

ninorc

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks to those on this thread I've quoted in this blog post about online freelance job brokers.

If anyone knows of freelancers' sites that are actually worthwhile, I'd like to hear about them!

storylady

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, everyone, I almost fell for this until I noticed the countdown. I have been out of the writing game for a long time. I just recently got back into that world and am now a transcriptionist for insurance claims. Needless to say, I am really missing content writing. I used to write weekly for a pet sitting blog. I love it because my background is in animals (former Vet Tech/zoo keeper). Anyway this writing jobs thing popped up on my Facebook and before I clicked on it I wanted to jump on here. Glad I did!

dleague

Registered
Reaction score
I just wanted to say that I am a member of Master Writing Jobs. I suppose that I've been flogged with so many offers that were hundreds of dollars that a mere $34 for lifetime seemed a drop in the bucket. I did land one 3 month contract job that netted me enough to cover my fees and about $500 to spare. But sadly I have not been able to land another position with them. The problem I have is that many of their posts for 'good' jobs with 'good paying' clients want a degree in English or a degree in Journalisim that I do not hold. So their claims of new writers bursting into the big bucks isn't accurate unless they are fresh out of college with a degree in hand. Most beginning writers do not have a degree as such.
I guess the only really good thing that has come from it, is the fact that I am checking it and applying for positions on a regular basis. When I receive a decline, I at least know (hopefully) a real person was at the other end of the advertisement.
I can see why it is listed among the scams, but at least I received one good job with a good paying client for my portfolio.

BTW I have completed many ghost written projects for Upwork, but as long as there are people bidding for jobs at less than 1 cent per word, it will never be a place to make any real money. It is great for training if you want to complete 10,000 word ebook for $100 less Upwork fees.

Last edited: