The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Wallace Publishing (UK)

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Question Wallace Publishing (UK)

Does anyone have experience with this company?

ABOUT US (C&P directly from their site): Wallace Publishing was started in Essex, England in 2014, by a self-publishing author who realised so many publishing services were too expensive for writers that were yet to establish themselves in the market. Realising that many talented authors must be facing these hurdles, Wallace Publishing was born.

Our mission statement is to provide effective and professional publishing services to talented new writers for very competitive rates. Once published, we will assist in marketing the author's work, as well as offering any advice we can on maximising sales. Although many of our authors are unknown, we will still only accept works that we consider are of the highest quality. Therefore, customers buying a Wallace Publishing product can guarantee a great read and a high standard of product.

Although Wallace Publishing is currently a small company, it has big plans for the future.

If you are thinking of paying for publishing services, I think there are better, more established choices then a new co started by a self published Author. If you don't want to try the commercial route, hire a good editor and cover artist/designer and self publish, rather this Author Service option.
    The covers are pretty bad and the one children's book on offer, if you select "buy" takes you to Blurb... would anyone, even family, pay $35 for soft cover?
    Others take you to amazon, where the publisher of record on a few of them is creatspace. The rest have Wallace listed as publisher but many have no amazon sales # even listed, no reviews. All the kindles seem to be free the paper backs are a decent price but have no sales that I can see for the most part.
    I see nothing that would make me think they are worth publishing with them, no matter HOW "competitive" the costs may be.

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

and via their tweets, they have linked to their rates. Atrociously high in my estimation. http://wallaceauthorservices.weebly.com/rates.html